apex help. temp not reading correctly

picoreefguy

Market
Reaction score
hey guys. i work for a guy taking care of his tank to make a little extra cash here and there. i was there the other day to calibrate his ph probe and hook up a new mp40 and the temp on his apex read 20.something. i thought maybe it got set to celcius for some reason but it wasnt. and when i went to calibrate it it wouldnt let me go past 30 degrees and i know the tank is in the mid to high 70's so anyone know what the issue could be or how to fix it?

My first thought was a Celsius setting since a mid 20's reading would match an upper 70's F tank temp.

First I would try rebooting the Apex to see if it fixed the problem... then I would replace the probe.

barry_keith;990266 wrote: this happened to me once. I had the temp probe plugging into the wrong port

Could be this

Usually when a temp probe goes bad it'll read 27F. Make sure the heater isn't kicking on.

k ill check it out. its an older guy who likes to tinker so he may have unplugged some stuff and hooked it up wrong when he put it back together, hopefully thats the case

As others mentioned it's unplugged or plugged into the wrong port. It happened to me twice and both times the temp probe was unplugged. Of course it was the last thing I checked (after programming of course). Lol

Back