Apex Help

sbmille2

Supporting
Reaction score
Would love for someone familiar with the different units to help my identify which 1 would be best for my system. I've had my reefkeeper elite since it was the newest technology and i've finally had enough of it as it continues to shut on and off right now (video on facebook page) and I've spent 2 hours trying to figure out if something is shorting and cannot figure out what's going on. Have a ~700 gallon setup and lots of thing that plug in so trying to figure out the best way to go so i don't end up flushing even more money down the drain! Let me know if anyone is able to jump on a call or come stop by this weekend (I'm in buckhead) to pick your brain. I would post pictures but I'm so frustrated and had to unplug everything on the controller and replug into surge protectors to keep everything up that i need to sleep on it before i make a stupid purchase or screw something up! Thanks

Equipment:
2 main pumps (1 feeds main tank return and simmer and other feeds 2nd tank and manifold)
4 vortechs (2 in each tank)
3 heaters
ca reactor
top off pump
3 ocean revive lights
6 radions
UV sterilizer
40 breeder qt (light, heater, powerhead)
couple other misc things that get plugged in

chiller has it'd own power so doesn't need to get plugged into it

I work in buckhead. Currently at work. Come have a drink and we can chat :p. Bucket Shop Cafe :)

I work in buckhead. Currently at work. Come have a drink and we can chat :p. Bucket Shop Cafe :)

Love the bucket shop! big panthers fan here! i got the drink covered!!! Wife says i have too many expensive hobbies and love me some good bourbon!20200307_005938.jpg

How much Pappy is there?

Very nice collection!

I’m trying to find some Blanton’s just in case you have any ideas?

At a quick glance I'd say you need the following

Apex system (head unit, probes, eb832)
Additional eb832
WXM module (vortech & radion control)

I've setup dozens of Apex systems, let me know if you need help working out the details.

At a quick glance I'd say you need the following

Apex system (head unit, probes, eb832)
Additional eb832
WXM module (vortech & radion control)

I've setup dozens of Apex systems, let me know if you need help working out the details.

would love some help...... shooting you a pm

One apex, 4 power bars for your 24 plugs plus extra space. And modules as needed.

Will trade pappy for apex!

also have 2 bottles of blanton's coming in this week from a buddy. it's getting harder and harder to find! pretty crazy! Atlanta airport duty free always has a ton if you know anyone flying international.

You can run 2 pH probes with one head unit, just substitute the ORP probe for pH. They also have additional modules you could add on if you want one dedicated for it.

Black energy bar (eb8) operates fine with the orange controller

can you have 2 ph probes with one controller?
Yes you can, we run a 180g sump for 3 tanks and a 50g sump for our frag tank both have temp and ph off our Apex and a temp probe in our qt is also on it. We have 3 eb832s running 5 tanks, we still have 3 Reefkeepers running 2 tanks and a few lights on the frag tank.

We have run multiple ph probes with one apex, and multiple power bars. :)

Back