apex help

mvm

Market
Reaction score
I'm trying to set up an apex. I am able to access it via the apex app, but cannot connect on my PC. It's asks for UN and PASS and then says page not found. I can ping it from the RUN prompt and it responds. Not sure what's up. Any thoughts?

Look on Neptune's site for their Apex Browse Utility. That should get you going.

I've got the user and pass. That's not the problem. Adam, I'll check that out. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

youre using the classic version? Have you tried with Fusion?

He needs to get into the classic aqua controller to get the key so he can activate Fusion. I had the same problem after a full reset. The utility will get him going.

Hey Matt,

Adam directed you down the right path. If you haven't already, you can download the most up-to-date firmware here: https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/sw-updates/">https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/sw-updates/</a>

It has the Apex software in a package that will allow you to find the controller on your network and update the firmware. Be sure not to update over wireless. You need to have the controller and your computer connect hard lined through ethernet. If you are still having problems, other areas to look at would be the IP and Gateway for the controller, as well as ensuring that you have DHCP enabled through the display. If all else fails, I highly suggest factory resetting the controller using the display (if you have one). If you don't LMK, I can let you borrow mine. Either way, you will have to download the software above.

I had the same problem today, but I couldn't even access it through fusion. I forgot that I had set a specific IP and GW address that our IT folks had given me for running on our company network. Once I reconfigured the IP and Gateway, updated the firmware, as well as enabled DHCP, I was able to resolve the issue.

Sorry guys. I wasn't very clear. I have an apex and an eb8. No display. I was able to use flash to update firmware, but the apex seems to have connectivity issues. I know the IP address, but can't access it using a pc. I can get it to connect sporadically using the apex app on my iPhone. I have to use the PC interface to register for fusion. I plan to call Neptune Monday am.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They can help you remotely in most cases, but if not, LMK or find someone close to you that has a display. You can correct almost any issue by making changes manually through the display.

The problem I had seems to be pretty similar to yours.

1. Clear the cache in your browser. See if you can connect. If not.
2. Be sure port 80 is clear through your router. You can also use the utility to reset the port if it sees your unit from the configure button. See if you can connect. If not.
3. Reflash the firmware then webpages through a wired connection. Finally clear the cache in the browser again. See if you can connect. If not.
4. Check out the Advanced Networking doc under their Support/Documentation page.
5. If all that fails call Neptune after you pick up the display.

Also, if you want, I can see if I can help directly using TeamViewer to connect to you computer.

HTH

+1 for trying to reload firmware and web pages using the flash utility.

Back