Apex monitored leak detection- what ya got?

camellia

Supporting
Reaction score
I'm moving up guys and looking at a better (emailed/Fusion) leak alert.

After installing an Aqua 40 UV, all the big, fast flowing water hoses poses additional concern for leaks.

Does anyone use the break out box with non Apex leak detectors and recommend it over Apex's module?
Can I get some feed back on what you do use?

Thanks

Thinking about running a couple of bare wires across the base of my stand keeping them a couple inches apart. If water collects it will give continuity to the breakout box just like a float switch would.

Deb, do you have the apex plugin break out box?
I built my DIY break out box and all the accessories that attached to it, including the leak detectors.

I have moisture sensors at three places in my cabinet. If one gets wet it, Apex sends email and sounds alarm. If all three are wet I get an email and it sets off a very loud (too loud) siren.

The sensors are connected to the Apex via a Neptune breakout box. Not sure where I got the sensors... but they are available on Amazon:
- Model 2800 5VDC Liquid Detection Sensor (GRI)

Started using this before Neptune came out with their leak detector.

I saved my BOB spots for float switches (sump levels, ATO reservoir, etc) and use the ALD module for leak detection so can't really give you any feedback there but I'm sure it would work just fine.

Your UV really shouldn't be high flow though...

MYREEFCLUB0070;986581 wrote: Deb, do you have the apex plugin break out box?
I built my DIY break out box and all the accessories that attached to it, including the leak detectors.

I'm glad your my friend :)
Let's chat!

Rich I'm glad you know elect. this just sounds scary to me!

Thanks Larry I'll take a look.

tonymission;986589 wrote: I saved my BOB spots for float switches (sump levels, ATO reservoir, etc) and use the ALD module for leak detection so can't really give you any feedback there but I'm sure it would work just fine.

Your UV really shouldn't be high flow though...

We need to talk about this, please.

Camellia;986635 wrote:

Rich I'm glad you know elect. this just sounds scary to me!

LOL. There is basically no power coming out of the breakout box terminals. All it does is send a small signal out one wire and see if it comes back on the other. If the wires are separated the signal can't make it back unless water joins the two wires electrically.

MYREEFCLUB0070;986581 wrote: Deb, do you have the apex plugin break out box?

I SO appreciate great friends! :yay:

I'm the proud owner (and user) of a breakout box and leak detector!
Not ONLY did he bring me this but helped me for HOURS rewire and reinstall just about everything on my set up which is A LOT. A major MASSIVE clump of wires :eek:

Thank you SO much Marlin!!

Back