Apex mounting options

calhounreef

Market
Reaction score
Looking for some ideas on apex mounting options. Was thinking about mounting everything but the display in the stand above the sump but I've decided against it now, I'm either going to mount it on a panel sitting behind my tank or try and find some sort of decent looking cabinet to place next to my stand and my mount everything in there, let me hear some other ideas if you guys have any please! Thanks

The further away from the water, the better. Expensive stuff to risk in a stand where water splashes around. I have mine on the other side of a wall from the tank lol!

Im in the same boat, if you can keep it away from water, then do it. I build a seperate compartment in my stand, but the separate cabinet would be even better IMO

On the side works for me and the eb8 is in the stand, but my stand is a little taller than average and it mounted high.

I had mine velcro'd to the side of my stand for a while too and just didn't feel comfortable. Talked my wife into letting me create a cable pass-thru from where the tank is to the garage and I'm much happier.

OP, a separate cabinet would be a great way to go. I bought an unfinished wall cabinet from HD for ~$60, stained it a dark cherry so it almost matches my stand perfectly for ~$10, and then bought an 18x18 marble tile cut down to 18x12 as a countertop for $12. It looks great and works perfectly for my ATO container which is a 10gal rubbermaid trashcan with a piece of clear acrylic to cover it and limit evaporation. I almost did something similar with a smaller cabinet for my apex gear before moving it all out to the garage.

RedStang;1000969 wrote: I had mine velcro'd to the side of my stand for a while too and just didn't feel comfortable. Talked my wife into letting me create a cable pass-thru from where the tank is to the garage and I'm much happier.

OP, a separate cabinet would be a great way to go. I bought an unfinished wall cabinet from HD for ~$60, stained it a dark cherry so it almost matches my stand perfectly for ~$10, and then bought an 18x18 marble tile cut down to 18x12 as a countertop for $12. It looks great and works perfectly for my ATO container which is a 10gal rubbermaid trashcan with a piece of clear acrylic to cover it and limit evaporation. I almost did something similar with a smaller cabinet for my apex gear before moving it all out to the garage.

We have a book shelf with bottom cabinet in my office and I just cut out the back and put everything in there with Vortech battery backups and all that. No pictures because my wire management in there is not management at all!

Back