Apex Newbie Help

stacy22

Market
Reaction score
I need some help. I finally set up my Apex about ten days ago. All was well until mid-week last week. Here's the issue. My laptop no longer recognizes my Apex address. The Apex unit itself is still working fine. It reads the temp and the correct time is on the display, etc.

I am sure the issue is with the IP address. I used the default that was suggested in the unofficial manual. It was the only way I could get anything to work. I did not fully set things up to access from the web outside my network.

I am not very tech savvy. I really don't know what to do to fix things. I want to be able to see the parameters on my tank from my laptop or on my iPhone again when I am on my network. Where do I even start?????

My set-up is a cisco router, Comcast internet, Macbook Pro. Currently the Apex is connected to a wireless gaming bridge (Netgear wnce2001). It was started being hardwired to my router via ethernet cable.

Silver Surfer;779558 wrote: Apex does not like third party waps

Surely that comment has to be racist. Or sexist or something. LOL {sorry, couldn't resist}

I'm no IT expert but I know that IP addresses change occassionaly. You may need to request a static IP address from Comcast. GTHockey help me set mine up and that's what I was told but mine has been okay so far. I'm sure there are others more experienced. Good luck.

Eddie

No, you don't need to pay Comcast for static up address. Your router has about 255 ip addresses you make static. I can explain better later in the evening. This is easy fix.

If u want to know the ip address of the apex (since it's set to dynamic), run the apex utility. I'll reach out to you in about 2 hours after I finish my water change.

shafiq.hossain;779572 wrote: No, you don't need to pay Comcast for static up address. Your router has about 255 ip addresses you make static. I can explain better later in the evening. This is easy fix.

If u want to know the ip address of the apex (since it's set to dynamic), run the apex utility. I'll reach out to you in about 2 hours after I finish my water change.

I'll check back. Thanks, :)

Stacy, I can assist you. I'm working from home all week. If you have time I'll walk you through it. As for the IP address, when we talk I provide you a solution. I'll PM you my cell number.

Shafiq is right. You don't need a static IP from your ISP, and you can use the utility on the CD to find and connect to the Apex from your computer until Reefkeeper gets you fixed up.

Yours didn't come with a CD? Mine came with a CD that had the manual on it, the locator utility, and some other stuff. I bet you could download the finder utility from their site. If you can't, let me know and I'll post mine somewhere that you can download it.

Oh, and I've got mine running off a bridge like yours. With everything else, I didn't want to also put a hole in the wall to run an ethernet cable :)

My apologies Stacy. I had guests over. It looks like you're in good hands. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need additional help.

Back