Apex non-Fusion users...

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
Looks like Fusion is out of beta testing and officially available. I know how I'll be spending my evening.

a>

It's on my list to do sometime, but giving my track record I may wait a bit.

Ringo, is it worth the trouble?

I've heard its SUPER easy. I just tried but it looks like getting it is similar to the beta testing, you have to wait till a slot is available for you.

It's not really any "trouble". Whole process with a firmware upgrade took about 10 min. If you never got it networked right for off site access, then absolutely. I like the new look and the fact that you can check your system from anything with internet access.

HiImSean;958748 wrote: . I just tried but it looks like getting it is similar to the beta testing, you have to wait till a slot is available for you.

Didn't have to wait......just gave me a code. Maybe I'm just lucky.

I haven't tried through dashboard. I went to the apexfusion.com site and tried to create an account. Is that the true one or still beta from dashboard?

What firmware version are you running? Won't have the fusion option until you're on 4.31.

That's what I'm running. I'll just have to mess around when I'm at home I suppose. It looked like you just create an account on that site.

Nevermind, got it working through that site but I will be doing everything later.

Ive been part if the beta since nearly the beginning and like Ringo said, They have simplified a lot of the features and settings. The light program is awesome, networking setting and email alerts are a breeze now. They have been very responsive to the requests of the beta testers and made many improvements. Ive heard there is a lot more coming down in the pipe in the near future.

I liked the Apex before the upgrade but with the "fusion" it's sweet! Seems a lot more user friendly and access is a tremendous plus. Good luck w/the upgrade and enjoy!

Got my update done. Those who are using it to control leds, how did you get the light wizard to activate. I have my old programming for my AI Sols, when I click the little icon next to it on the Dashboard and click the light wizard tool, nothing happens.

Does it simplify things for us with AT&T 2wire routers?

Coral's sensei!

1mbrews8;959073 wrote: Does it simplify things for us with AT&T 2wire routers?

Coral's sensei!

Not sure about that router but it's pretty simple ;) If you have the latest firmware you simply make sure the "Fusion" button is on your dashboard, the one with the link button. In network setting you enable both Fusion buttons and restart the Apex. When it's back click the link on the "Fusion" button and it'll give you an activation code. Log in with that code on the apexfusion.com site and your set. It's taking some time to sync my old graphs but it's updating now. Literally 15min and I'm online.

1mbrews8;959073 wrote: Does it simplify things for us with AT&T 2wire routers?

Coral's sensei!
Are you connected inside your home network, but having good difficulty with outside access due to port forwarding? In that case....yes.

I used to use the dyndns and it worked ok. Then they got rid of that or started charging for it or whatever and have not been able to get online with it since.

I haven't messed with it in a while, but I'm pretty sure I can get onto it if I plug the apex directly into my laptop

Coral's sensei!

Back