Apex problem.

rdnelson

Market
Reaction score
First, I have posted on specs forum and received a reply that I will try tomorrow. However, I am not sure I totally understand his directions. :). So I am going to post it here as well.

Had a couple short power outages in short succession. When power was restored my lights didn't come back on. I tried fusion and saw that it defaulted to the initial set up. So I figured I would restore my backup. But I couldn't log in using classic dashboard. I would get the log in screen but then get the 404 error.

Tried lots of different things like unplugging it and cycling power, checked net setup, etc all while being hard wired. Nothing worked. I then went in thru fusion and reprogrammed everything as best I could so it will make it thru the night.

So, why can I get in thru fusion and not classic dashboard? The guy from the apex forum said to in plug it, run a firmware update and let it fail a couple times and then plug it back in and do it again. Not sure that makes a ton of sense.

Rich... I'm no genius at this, but I think that will cause the base unit to search for a connection. I have learned to trust the folks at Netpune... They have tricks up their sleeves.

But if it is unplugged, how do you run a firmware update? Has to be done from the PC doesn't it?

Ok so it dawned on me that if I could log in with fusion I might be able to run the firmware update. Success. Update took and I was able to restore my programming. :). My only issue now is the sump light. I have a magnetic switch programmed to turn the light on when the door is open. Now, with it closed it cycles the light about once a second.

Back