apex question??

w_hartyjr

Market
Reaction score
last winter i built a sump room that is about 15' from where my tank is located.i want to coonect an apex to control most of the tank.how can i install different modules in the different areas?is it safe to use extension cords and do they make a 15' or 20' usb cable.please be gentle this is my first experience with an apex.i need it to control lights,circulation pumps and a return pump along with monitoring ph in a calcium reactor,ph in tank,temp of tank and conductivity.i am sure there will be more questions to come

porpoiseaquatics;1053562 wrote: Why not attend the Apex meeting on October 18th and ask that question directly of a Neptune representative?
i have thought about that but sunday is "the family day"as i normally work the other 6 days.i would love to be there

Yes, you can buy extra long Aquabus cables. Neptune sells Abuabus cables up to 15' in length, as well as 15' extension cables that can be added for additional length. There are also other companies that sell Apex compatible cables up to 200' in length (the maximum length that Neptune recommends a cable to be).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to tag onto ghbrewer, the the 15' cables are M/M connections and 15' extensions are M/F connections

w_hartyjr;1053560 wrote: do they make a 15' or 20' usb cable.

You can pick up a A to A usb cable without a repeater on monoprice for pretty cheap. Just make sure it doesn't have a repeater or amplifier...or anything that says "active".

I purchased all my extension cables from Monoprice.com. There cheap. You need the passive USB cables "no power" and they work great. I got the 15 or 20 footers and they were reasonable.

Back