APEX Set-Up help in Paulding

bcrueter

Market
Reaction score
Hey-

Anyone in Paulding want to come over and play(I mean set up) my Apex? there will be beer....the twist is I dont have internet yet....and I cant get it to connect directly to my mac.

all of it....but i think my problem is getting it to connect to a computer without internet. i might just have to wait.

Yeah. Have to have working internet to use the web interface.

I read you can coonect it with out the internet connection. the display is a PITA

Sorry, I was thinking fusion. Try dialing the IP address while it's hardwired.

Easiest way is to connect the Apex and your mac to the same router. Assign both IP's that are on the same subnet. So 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2. Then type the Apex's IP into Safari.

Does it have to be run through a router? Or can I go between an Ethernet cable from Mac directly to aqua bus ?

bcrueter;963565 wrote: Does it have to be run through a router? Or can I go between an Ethernet cable from Mac directly to aqua bus ?

Yes. Just checked. Just remember to set the IP's. I've never tried it though.

Yes I need or router or no I don't need a router. I have tried without and it's not working.

bcrueter;963572 wrote: Yes I need or router or no I don't need a router. I have tried without and it's not working.

Lol! Sorry. Supposedly it IS possible. Have you downloaded the Apex Flash program? If you;re at work and can download it to a flash drive it will help. It scans and detects Apex units and will help you know if you've set the IP correctly.

Aspec;963575 wrote: You'll need a crossover cable to go direct from computer to the Apex.

Apex User Guide says you don't. But like I posted before, I haven't tried it.

Aspec;963580 wrote: That's interesting.

Yeah, crossover was my first thought too but I checked the guide before posting. But given it isn't working for him... Who knows? If I was closer I'd drive over to help. Just don't have the time right now.

Thank y'all for your help. I think I have to just stare at it till I can get internet working. I am lost when it comes to networking.

It's really just logic once you get the syntax down. I've stolen a lot of good "code" from the Neptune forum. :)

tonymission;963681 wrote: It's really just logic once you get the syntax down. I've stolen a lot of good "code" from the Neptune forum. :)

Same here! Plagiarism is your friend and highly recommended in this case!

anyone have any cool codes they would like to share...lighting or mp-10 capibilities...

There's all sorts of codes to be found on the Neptune site.
a>

Back