Apex ? Where

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
So... Where can I buy JUST the apex controller and components... All the packages I see have the display unit, which I would hardly ever use anyway.

Thanks,
B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would need a display for some stuff. Trust me you are going to want it.

Pure reef keeps a pretty good inventory. Sea as well.

I found many things to be easier on the display that the old interface, webpages I believe it is referred as. With the release of Fusion I'm sure they've been addressed. I have not had to venture down those areas except one. That was the calibration of the dosing pumps. Only way you could do it was through the face display unit. Again, I can't recall if a later update changed that and enable fusion or Web pages but at the time it was not available.

Can you calibrate probes and such from the fusion ui ?

barry_keith;1030732 wrote: Everything can be done via the web dashboard, and or fusion now. As far as I know its been that way for some time. I've been using Neptune controllers for many years. I always found it much easier to work on the computer over the small display with its small buttons.

What about net setup? I am sure there is a way but for a novice finding your IP address and some of the net setup seems much easier from the display.

barry_keith;1030737 wrote: yeah, it helps having a networking degree lol. But yes everything can be done on the computer

LOL. Not many of the average Joes have one of those. Hehehehehe

Probe calibrations can be done via web interface. Only thing I know you must have the display for is if you want to change the default password for old apex network where default user id is admin and password is 1234 i think. I never owned one. NBut have a buddy who has one and it will take some time to get use to it for sure cause there are so many buttons.

I've owned an apex before, but I had the head unit. Can't remember all I used it for is all

Only thing you can't do is calibrate the DOS pump, but I'm sure the next update will take care of that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Off the top of my head I can't remember exactly what the display only options are. But, I do know for a fact there are a few things you can only do with the display. Otherwise, it's a great monitor I walk past every day many times and glance at it. Plus, I can hear the alarms go off if something is amiss immediately.

As far as I know none of the 3 units can be ordered with out a display. While it is true you can do everything through fusion much faster and easier then on the display. It is good to have it just in case you can not get a connection.

Probably only place to find one without a display would be 2nd hand. But It would be odd to find one used with out it because they all come with it. If you want to save some money and want a new unit your best bet is to sell the display to some one needing a replacement as some one already mentioned.

i need a computer degree, i gave up trying to remote access my web interface. fusion id great for monitoring and logging. setting up probes, renaming probes, calibrating and all the other fancy stuff is better on the web interface or the controller. I'm loving my apex still learning tho just got my DOS setup I'm going to order a Jr for my mixing station in the garage.

I do not think that you can reset (factory reset persay) the Apex without the display. So, if for instance, things go haywire, you would have to contact Neptune to reset it for you, but if it doesn't have a connection that may be a problem. I would not own an apex without the display again. Did it once, luckily I had two at the time and could use the other display.

I didnt think I will need the display but now i realize its good to have one as mentioned above by few members. Thanks. hehe

Back