Apex Wireless Issues

northgahillbilly

Market
Reaction score
Let me start this off with the fact I have next to NO understanding of networking, and there in is my problem. I set my apex up via a ethernet hookup to my router, the standard router provided by AT&T Uverse. I got it programed and was able to access fusion from my phone, on or off the home network, without a problem.

I got the wifeless game adapter everyone suggests and used my laptop to set it up using the setup wizard. Every thing was good for a while, but it will randomly loose connection, and now has been down for a few hours.

If I unplug the adapter and plug it back in it will work after a while, but not for more than a few hours.

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
-Greg

I'd guess it's the game adapter. Do you know the IP of the adapter?

NorthGaHillbilly;998029 wrote:

I got the wifeless game adapter

Those are the best kind. Hehehehehe

I could be wrong but I bet it isn't the game adaptor. I would bet your router is reassigning IP addresses causing you to lose connections. You may have to go into the router configuration and assign a permanent IP address for the game adaptor.

You have to know the ip of the game adapter. Once you know that you can type it in your url address bar and setup should be a breeze from there. Also make sure you have the latest update.

Here's a question, is the op address that is accessible from my apex unit the proper one, or should u hook my laptop into the game adapter

Thanks for the pointers guys, I managed to get it going. Assigned an IP to the game adapter and that seems to have fixed the problem.

well crap, I said it was good, and was through the night and up untill 20 min ago. I checked on it when I read your reply and im offline again.... :/

Set the gaming adapter to a static IP and then set the Apex to a static IP. Full disclosure though, I use one of those gaming adapters for my Tivo. My apex have plugged directly into the router.

Look into whether the adapter is setup to extend your current network. I'm only vaguely familiar with them as I only set mine up once. They might call it bridging the network as well. If the adapter is trying to hand out IP address and your router is there will be problems. Your router should be responsible for handing out IP addresses.

Back