Aptaisia!!!

kirru

Market
Reaction score
Well, on a coral frag i got from Mark(flyingarmy) has a huge aptaisia on it so he let the CBB take care of it. Well, now I can see some more starting to take growth on the frag. So before it gets going to crazy, what can I use to stop it in its tracks right now?

Thanks,

joe's juice or lemon juice; just don't go overboard w/ the lemon juice b/c it can throw your pH off-they say that peppermint shrimp do ok-they're kinda a hit or miss deal, though;

Ok, yea, I heard that the shrimp were hit and miss. I was thinking of Joe's Juice but I am not sure where to get it.

yup!
get some Mrs. Wages pickling Lime from Kroger & mix it with ro water to the consistency of wasabi sauce. use plastic syringe.

I had a peppermint that took care of all of mine. He disappeared though a month or two ago....

just take that lemon/lime or joe's juice w/ a syringe and put itin the aptasia's 'mouth' and it disintegrates instantly. It's quite cool

Kirru;287433 wrote: Ok, yea, I heard that the shrimp were hit and miss. I was thinking of Joe's Juice but I am not sure where to get it.

Your LFS will carry it. Stop Aiptasia (by RedSea) is another product that works.

Ok thanks. I am going to stop by Blue Planet on my way home from school and see if they have some.

I didn't know you were on the forum Melev, use your site like crazy to figure my sump, though I regret doing it quick, didn't add another baffle so skim bubbles are great so i only skim at night right now.

I had some aiptasia.. I some lemon juice in a syringe (about 5 ml) and squirted it straight at it, it closed and and I never had another problem

Mark... Isn't Red Sea's product called Aiptasia X? I thought Chem-Marin made "stop aptasia".

BTW: I love Aiptasia X

Xyzpdq0121;287684 wrote: Mark... Isn't Red Sea's product called Aiptasia X? I thought Chem-Marin made "stop aptasia".

BTW: I love Aiptasia X

Crap - I can't edit that post. You're right, I had the wrong thing in mind when I typed the above. Aiptasia X is by Red Sea, and I'm liking it.

BP has it, make sure you get a syringe from them too.

(No kill it with fire graphics? I so look forward to them!)

anomaly;288182 wrote: You could always slap a little epoxy over the hole it retracts into.

To bad its on the frag plug itself. so no holes there.

Back