Aptasia Eaters

gclackum

Supporting
Reaction score
I’m looking for a LFS with a Bristle Tail FileFish or some Peppermints. It seams like overnight my tank has exploded with the dang things

I’m looking for a LFS with a Bristle Tail FileFish or some Peppermints. It seams like overnight my tank has exploded with the dang things
The Fish Shop in Chamblee had peppermints, but be warned= I bought 3 and a parasitic isopod was latched onto one under its gill plate. Supposedly not too harmful from what I've read, but I still performed "surgery" and removed it as it created an unsightly and uncomfortable looking bulge. But it's active and eating well, so at least there's that.

The Fish Shop in Chamblee had peppermints, but be warned= I bought 3 and a parasitic isopod was latched onto one under its gill plate. Supposedly not too harmful from what I've read, but I still performed "surgery" and removed it as it created an unsightly and uncomfortable looking bulge. But it's active and eating well, so at least there's that.

I had to do the same a little over 6 months ago. Bought 3 and still have 3 so I guess I didn't cause any damage.

Anybody got experience with nudibranchs? Where can you get them?

I just bought a bunch from reef town to get rid of the same thing - they’ll be here Thursday. I’ll let you know how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody got experience with nudibranchs? Where can you get them?

They take a while to eat the aptasia. You may think they all died and a couple months goes by and BOOM...all of a sudden your aptasia is gone or dissapearing fast. I didn't really notice all of them were gone until I saw the nudibranchs crawling on the glass during the day...looking for more aptasia I presume. At the point where all the aptasia are gone...catch them and sell them or give them away. They only eat aptasia so they will starve otherwise. You will also have more than you started with. Place them near aptasia when you start, not ON aptasia.

Back