aptasia help

Reefplumber13

Market
Reaction score
ok well i posted up about glass nems and didnt know its the same thing so how do you kill it i need help before it takes my tank over

I've got the same problem. Noticed 5 of them earlier. I read injecting them with boiling water is the way to go. Putting lemon juice in my tank doesn't sound too good. Do you know how fast they multiply?

I have personally had success with lemon juice. I do this in a nano so I really don't believe you will have to worry about it effecting your perameters. I have tested before and after with no changes. But you could always do Joe's Juice

yeah ace i think ill try that 1st but i only see one of the lil suckers in the tank so should i just get one shrimp and it will be the 1st thing in the tank will that be ok?

pickling lime has worked for me in the past. Mix it just as Barbara said, turn of your pumps. (If you don't it will go every where). Then just squirt it on top of the aptasia. It will take it in its mouth and you will never see it again.

I use Joe's Juice when I see one--but it's probably no more than the Kalk paste that Barbara describes. It works though....and I watch my dancing peppermint shrimp while I zap the aptasia that he's suppose to eat!

I echo the Joe's Juice with 100% raving review.

I had a bad infestation at one point, it was my first experience with the pest and I did not know what to do. I tried pulling them out, cutting them out and YIKE ... 1000 grew over night. I tried Peppermint shrimp and other natural cures all to no avail. Predators like the shrimp work well to keep them in check but not solve an outbreak.

Go get the Joe's Juice. It is EASY to use and just about guaranteed. I have seen it at Petco near Perimiter Mall or you can order it online.

my tank was FULL of this stuff and i bought 2 pepp. shrimps and within 3 or 4 days all of it was gone.

I had a couple and got some peppermint shrimp. The next day they were gone (the peppermint shrimp). Seams some fish like to eat shrimp :). J/K but I really cant put shrimp in my tank.

To use lemon juice if you want to try, just get about 1ml in a med. dropper for one about the size you described. Put it as close as you can without it retracting and blast it.

well i want some shrimp so ill try them first. that will be a good reason to get them and see how it goes thanks for the info john

Back