Aptasia

gclackum

Supporting
Reaction score
And so it begins, been watching this creature for a little over a month. And now their are two side by side. Want to get rid of them before there are more. Don't want to remove rock. Prefer a natural solution. I have a couple of Peppermints but probably too small a group to find the Aptasia eating one, so maybe if I add more.

Its a 125 gal reef.

Need some solutions Please and Thank You!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1075027=66685-IMG_0578 (002).jpg
>
1075027=66685-IMG_0578 (002).jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_0578 (002).jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
1075027=66684-IMG_0578.jpg
>
1075027=66684-IMG_0578.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_0578.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Id grab a few more and let them go to town. Another safe option is to inject vinegar with a small syringe into its mouth with the pumps running. I've even used boiling water in a syringe. It may take several attempts. :)

Ok I'll try the shrimp first, then move on to more drastic chemical warfare. How many for a 125 and I've seen a couple varieties.

How long have you had the peppermints? Sometimes it takes a minute for them to find the Aiptasia. Don't overfeed either - they'll feast on prepared foods and not need to hunt down the Aiptasia... and the Aiptasia will also catch and eat prepared foods.

Jenn

Ok the peppermints were apparently not the solution. It was gone for a few days I guess it pulled back into the Rock. I was thinking peps 1 aphasia gone, but no cigar. It was just hiding, so I guess it chemical warfare. Just on critter that I can see but it's getting pretty big. And I want to stop it before it makes more. So quickest easiest way to knock off one pest
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1076172=66762-image.jpg
>
1076172=66762-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

As a follow up it appears that the peppermints were the answer Aptasia appears to be gone. Been checking the area for about a week no sign.

I also used a slurry of limewater injected directly into the stalk.

Back