Aqua Illumination Prime LED light

kmn2christ

Supporting
Reaction score
Anyone used an Aqua Illumination Prime LED fixture?? Looks like a great light for the money. I am thinking about using it over an old JBJ 12 gallon nano cube. Any information or suggestions??

I have had it for about two weeks now and it is great. Kinda tricky to set up at first but once you get it figured out it is really easy to use. If you have any specific questions let me know.

How's the coverage on it? I'm thinking of putting it over a 24g nano cube I'm setting up.

Butch;1086167 wrote: How's the coverage on it? I'm thinking of putting it over a 24g nano cube I'm setting up.

I have it over my IM Nuvo Fusion 20 which is 24" x 15“ and it is covering my tank no problem. I purchased the new 12" flex mounting arm so I am guessing the light is about 10 " above the surface of the water. I have a piece of encrusting rainbow monti about 22“ away and 4" deep that is exploding with growth under the new Prime. I placed some LPS and Zoas on the far corners of the tank to see how they would react and everything is loving the light so far.

Not hijacking your thread, but following along because I was debating between the Hydra 26 HD and the Prime for my new 20" cube. I plan on keeping some Chalice, Zoas, and maybe SPS.

Back