Aqua lifter tubing issue

jgoal55

Market
Reaction score
I use an aqualifter to make sure my overflow box doesnt lose its siphon but the airline tubing I use to bring the water back into the tank always clogs up with algae. Light does hit it directly but there is not really a lot I can do about that.

Is there something else you guys would recommend to deal with this? I was thinking black airline tubing but a) would that work? and b) where do you even get that?

Thanks.

i have seen some at aquarium showcase and that usually works, it worked for terence.

Jorge, I've got some dark blue tubing that should do the trick. You're welcome to it.

or your basic run of the mill tin foil....if you dont want to buy black tubing that is.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll probably just go out and grab some tubing but if I can't find some I'll probably take you up on your offer bryan.

Go to home depot and they have CHEAP 50 ft colored 1/4 tubing. You'll find it in the sprinkler area. 50ft for $4

I have some john guest style tubing in a variety of colors that won't let light through. Should work well and you can have pretty much as much as you want free. Pickup only.

Back