AquaC Remora Help

blind1993

Market
Reaction score
so i got an AquaC remora with a maxi jet 900yesterday and tried hooking it up today and all it did was make very little bubbles, like not any at all. Also the flow is very very slow too so i'm guessing there is something blocking the pipe. I can't get anything to go far enough in the pipe to even see if there is a block. Also, the white screw is broken and wont twist.

Is it a plastic screw? I have no clue as to the model but tell me about the screw and I might can help

To be honest. A maxijet 900 for that skimmer is nothing more then a waste of power. I use to run my remora on a mag. 3. I'll get a full up of skim in 3 days. Upgrading the pump really kicks up the performance of the skimmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the screw is plastic. for right now i am stuck with the mj 900, spent all my money. Ill get a new pump for it later, plus its only on a 29g biocube.

blind1993;654679 wrote: the screw is plastic. for right now i am stuck with the mj 900, spent all my money. Ill get a new pump for it later, plus its only on a 29g biocube.
The Aqua-C is a great skimmer on small set-ups... Without atleast a MJ-1200,I would just clean the skimmer and go skimless until you ge a bigger pump,jmo... Like driving a Fleetwood Cadi w/ 1 gallon of gas...

alright, well when i do end up using it i will still need to fix the problem with the screw so any advice on that?

blind1993;654692 wrote: alright, well when i do end up using it i will still need to fix the problem with the screw so any advice on that?
Remove the screw and use a pipe brush and clean inside the hole... It's a bare-bone skimmer and easy to clean. Keep it clean and you got a good skimmer,with the right pump. I wish I still had one. Good Luck...
What kinda set-up you got?

You may just need to give it more time to break in. I've got a Remora on my 60 gallon that works great (with the MJ1200). I just cleaned the Remora and it took four days to start producing skimate again. On your size tank the MJ900 should be fine, just be patient.

Also unless the white screw is in too far you shouldn't need to remove it. I've only done it once, when I bought the used Remora. The venturi inside is not something that will clog unless you get sand in it.

Good luck.

it is definately clogged, there is very little water flow, it just slowly trickles down the return portion so i can tell there is no flow. that is why i need to get the white screw out.

I've got a 1200 on mine..

if it's not making bubbles.. it's not getting air...

cleaning it should do the trick.. as the other's have said..

blind1993;654783 wrote: the thing is that i cant get that white screw out to clean it.

remove it from the tank.. and then post a picture of what you're working with..

If its like how I imagine it to be, drill a small hole about 1/8 inch deep and gently drive a small flat head screw driver in it. It should bite and you will be able to get it out. Dont drill the hole all the way through so you can reuse it if your not planning on replacing the plastic screw with a new one.

If you can send a picture it might help with the suggestions.

The white set screw can be very tight (at it was the one time I removed mine). It's not very long. As noted, its to access the venturi for cleaning and if you lose or damage it, you will need to replace it with something for the skimmer to work.

blind1993;654781 wrote: it is definately clogged, there is very little water flow, it just slowly trickles down the return portion so i can tell there is no flow. that is why i need to get the white screw out.

you're in alpharetta... where?

PM me your location and we'll see when you can bring it to me so that I can get your white screw out for you..

but first... contact AquaC and make sure that you can buy another screw.. (I can get it out for you, but it could be destroyed in the process)

Back