AquaC Remora users please read

krb

Market
Reaction score
I bought an AquaC remora skimmer about two weeks ago. I hooked it up and waited for the microbubbles to go away. It was putting a rediculous amount of bubbles into my tank. I looked into the water return opening and to my amazement, the water from the reaction chamber was flowing around the acrylic divider seperating the reaction chamber from the return. It was not glued properly and not attached to the back wall of the skimmer box. I promptly called AquaC and spoke with their customer service department. They were very helpful and agreed to send out a new unit immediately. Upon receiving the new remora, I carefully inspected the seams on the inside of the box. There were several spots that were not glued, mostly on the top third of the unit. I ran a bead of silicone to cover all of the "missed" spots. After curing, I hooked up the new unit. absolutely NO BUBBLES were flowing into the tank.

I highly suggest that every remora owner, that has microbubble issues, look to see if your unit has the same issues. I find it hard to believe that I just happened to get the only two units with this problem. It is an easy fix and should increase the efficiency of the skimmer.

Luckily (I guess) I have never had a problem with micro bubbles with my AquaC Remora Pro, works great for me!

I had a remora with the same issue. I just threw it in the closet. I'm going to have to go dig it out and take a peek.

Thanks for sharing that tidbit.

FutureInterest;189476 wrote: I had a remora with the same issue. I just threw it in the closet. I'm going to have to go dig it out and take a peek.

Thanks for sharing that tidbit.

lol, i'd take it off your hands as well

I have 2 remoras -- a regular and a pro, but fortunately I have not had those issues.

Thanks Kirk, for pointing out the problem and the fix! Very helpful, especially for those of us that would not have known how to diagnose and fix the problem.

Back