Aquacontroller ph temp compensation

cdub

Market
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to calibrate my ph probe for my acjr, but i'm not sure if i'm supposed to leave the temp compensation on or off. does anyone know which setting is correct? the manual just says it depends on "your" requirements...

Yes, turn on temp compensation. Also, soak your calibration packets in tank water to make them the same temp as your tank before calibrating.

thank you so much. i kept trying to mentally think through all the reasons i would want it on or off and never really decided one way or the other. good tip on soaking in tank water, i did not think about that.

cdub;114874 wrote: I'm getting ready to calibrate my ph probe for my acjr, but i'm not sure if i'm supposed to leave the temp compensation on or off. does anyone know which setting is correct? the manual just says it depends on "your" requirements...

You don't say which AC it is... If it is a AC3Pro ONLY, you have to put the temp probe in the cal solution with the probe... It is the ground reference. Other types (including the PX1000 expansion) don't do it this way.

BTW, I have a standard (non-pro) AC Temp Probe I bought by mistake a LONG time ago that has never been used if someone needs it. Long story..

-Mike

Back