Aquamend... man, that is UGLY !

reeferjw

Market
Reaction score
Anyone know if eventually coraline or life in general will eventually grow over Aquamend? I had to use some quick for attaching a Monti Cap when I failed miseralbly using SuperGlue Gel. Now I have a really nice MC and a really nice piece of coraline covered rock, with a white putty-looking smearing of Aquamend attaching them together. It just does not look at all natural, but the Monti is attached and appears ok.

My mistake was that I put the stuff on top, instead of on the bottom, but I was in panic mode when the glue was not holding and it was already back in the tank.

So artifically white looking!!! argh...:yuk:

I have never used Aquamend but I know that coraline will grow over reef epoxy pretty quickly. I switched to the grey/purple epoxy after thinking the same thing, "the white seems un-natural"! Give it time. If it doesn't just use some superglue and sprinkle some sand over it. Cover-up reef style!

It will take only a couple weeks before you won't even notice it as corraline and other stuff cover it.

Outstanding. I will give it time, but Mark, I love the sand idea, coverup reef style... lol

Back