AquaPod 24 Shipping Mess

steve358

Reaction score
Has any one removed the Top Cover from an aquapod 24? Here's the deal I order an Aquapod 24 it comes well packed and Mr. Famous Carrier, must of dropped it from every transfer it completes. It arrives cracked down the side :-( ... So I call the Company and it’s basically making a claim with Mr. Famous Carrier. So Now I am in the final stages of the claim process...back to the tank. These are great looking tanks Current USA is not interested in selling a tank only. I called locally and found that it’s probably going to be less expensive to just start all over and purchase a new set up. I thought of taking the cover off but it’s supposed to just pull off after raising 45 degrees not so! Anyone have any experience with these issues. Comments & suggestions appreciated. I guess that’s the risk when you order these tanks.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Steve358;54035 wrote: Has any one removed the Top Cover from an aquapod 24? Here's the deal I order an Aquapod 24 it comes well packed and Mr. Famous Carrier, must of dropped it from every transfer it completes. It arrives cracked down the side :-( ... So I call the Company and it’s basically making a claim with Mr. Famous Carrier. So Now I am in the final stages of the claim process...back to the tank. These are great looking tanks Current USA is not interested in selling a tank only. I called locally and found that it’s probably going to be less expensive to just start all over and purchase a new set up. I thought of taking the cover off but it’s supposed to just pull off after raising 45 degrees not so! Anyone have any experience with these issues. Comments & suggestions appreciated. I guess that’s the risk when you order these tanks.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Here you go.
product_info.php

They are a pain to get off. Its not as easy as the manual makes it sound. but the best thing to do is to watch the hinges when you are tilting it. you will notice it lining up and then you start to pull on it. it will take some pulling. If that makes sense.

Thanks for the response I looked at the web site and called Nano Tuners. They have no Aquapod 24 glass tanks in stock. It Appears they will have none anytime soon. Thanks Billy I will give that a try, nothing to loose at this point. I guess If I dont locate a tank, I could just sell off the new parts and the complete lid system for someone for spares.

Steve

I open my ap24 all the way, grip it near the hinges and then take it off one side at a time. The first time is the hardest until you see where the pressure point is. Bummer about it being busted. Mine was so well packed I can't imagine how badly the must have treated it to crack it.

Back