Aquarium Brand Experience

ddaddy2420

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice or experience with the Cade brand aquariums? Or what about Red Sea? Or the Octo line (Lux90).

I’m looking to purchase a 50-75 ish gallon tank and have been looking mostly online. Planning to go look at some Red Sea systems tomorrow locally but I’m not a huge fan of how the plumbing is setup with the sump, especially with no built in manifold. Was watching a video today on Red Sea systems and the plumbing almost looked cheap, I’m sure it isn’t but just seemed that way. Really like the Cade system but you don’t see much of them on these forums. Especially like how their cabinets open on 3 sides.

Dale

1b4893ab8f0dafefe53122d53709f82b.jpg

9d641a206398a5701b5075f6a69ad7a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might want to look in to Water Box and Elos too. I know Red Sea has captured a lot of the market for the somewhat plug and play systems, so their pricing may be better.

The Cade line is fairly new which would explain not a lot of shared experiences with them.

Also recommend Mode Aquariums- they make a nice system - I think locally Coral Shoppe uses this line of tanks. And Planet Aquarium.

I have a red sea, I wouldn't say the plumbing is cheap but I don't like it like a lot of owners. I would say that it is the weakest link in the system, I hate the gate valve but some love it. Other then that I love my red sea, waterbox is the other brand I would compare it to. The elos does look sweet though!

I have a SC Aquarium 50g and I'm well pleased with it. If I ever upgrade it will most likely be the sca 100g

I forgot that SCA does full tank setups too. I have one of their 50gal cubes, it’s been a great tank for the last 6 or so years. Can’t really speak for their sumps/stands/plumbing though as I only bought the tank.

Do the SC systems come with plumbing or is it just sump, skimmer, return pump??

Their PNP systems come with plumbing, but it’s all flex tube.

Innovative Marine external series if I was going to restart

I am (slowly) building a system with an Innovative Marine 50 & 25 Lagoon, both are the external style tanks.

These are tied into the same Triigger Triton sump and stand alone algae scrubber. Both have floating Aquatic Life hybrid fixtures with Noopsyche LED’s.

The hardware is all black and just stunning to my eye.

So I pulled the trigger on the Cade Pro reef 900 series 2. Once I got algae barn on the phone, I ended up with a pretty good deal. Got $300 off for this promotion they are running and got free shipping, which would been another $200 at least. So all in all I got it for $2400 even. $500 off definitely made this a much better deal. And since pretty much all the tanks I was looking at would have to be shipped to me, I couldn’t pass this up. While I wait gonna start working on the build, auto water change system, setting up ro/di, stuff like that.

The other tank I was seriously considering was the Neptunian M Series. For those that don’t know, look those up, another very nice system.

Anyways thanks for the advice and be on the lookout for my build series with the Cade tank.

Dale

Congrats. Looking forward to your build. Since there is not alot of reviews on that brand it will be great to get a first hand review.

Back