Aquarium rooms and electronics

george

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone have a cieling fan in the same room as their aquarium? In a room, not any of the "open" parts of a house. I mean like a 12x12 or 14x14 bedroom type room, not the aquarium in the middle of the open living room.

I've had a 75g and various combinations of 25g and 40g in there before and the AC return after 5 years has some spots of rust on it. I had computers in the room, but they didn't show any problems so I'm thinking the evaporation might cause a cieling fan to rust. Even a little rust in such a low torque motor would probably cause problems.

I ask because I'm at the point where I have to decide if I want to replace the light with a suitable light fixture or add a cieling fan.

I've had tanks in my office at home for the past year with a ceiling fan that is running almost continously and have not seen any ill effects.

Fans are lubricated, so you really shouldn't encounter probblems. Also, get a Hampton Bay from HD and it doesn't matter since they'll replace it for life!

Skriz;219638 wrote: Also, get a Hampton Bay from HD and it doesn't matter since they'll replace it for life!
That's true. Thanks for reminding me. :up:

Back