Aquarium Specialty RULES!!

texhorns98

Market
Reaction score
The owner Scott spent a lot of his time talking to me about different options I had on skimmers, and a wealth of other topics over the past few weeks. Meanwhile, I dragged my feet on ever pulling the trigger. Well, that changed today when I decided to go with an Octopus! I placed the order and was just hoping it might get here in time to play with it this weekend. Scott promptly emailed me after I placed the order on-line and said, while I'd missed their UPS pickup time, they were going to drive my skimmer over to the UPS place and I would have it TOMORROW!! What?!? Not bad for free shipping!

I got a great deal on the skimmer and this is one sponsor I'll be shopping with again! He even offered a chance to come by and see their operation the when I was passing through Columbia this past Monday. I had just gone through the edge of the city, but I'll be stopping by next time, no doubt!

Please check him out and know that I don't hand out compliments all that easy. This sponsor deserves some love though...

Thanks Scott!!

a>

I have dealt with them on some of my dry goods purchases and they are very helpful bunch. Good to hear nice things about sponsors.

EXTREME 160...not sure what makes it EXTREME, but it's funny to yell it in my best wrestling announcer's voice! :)

It's here and it's MUCH bigger than I thought it would be. Geez, they look so innocent in the pictures on-line. Not to see if I can fit it in the sump without having to cut drain pipes shorter...

Make sure you have everything set up correctly before you start gluing the PVC pieces together, because if I am not mistaken, I think the pipe that comes with the Octopus is metric, and darn near impossible to get in the states. I have dealt with the same issue with my Orca 200 Skimmer.
Dave

I haven't glued anything together and it all seems to be working fine. What might I need to glue in this case?

With it being in sump I don't think there's anything to glue. I've glued nothing on my Octo Ex 250. And yeah, they do take up some space lol.

Back