Aquarium thermostat controller

nano jack

Reaction score
I am looking for a thermostat controller that offers both heating and cooling modes that can be connected to both a heater and a fan. If anyone knows of anything like this I am very interested. I've seen a few digital thermostats around that have both heat/cool options but not sure if they both work simultaneously or is it one or the other. Any advise would be great. Thanks!

You can get a Ranco ETC-211000 dual stage for $120 -150 but it needs to be wired (a little DIY)

OR you could get an entry level aquarium controller like the Neptune Apex Jr for $220 or the Digital Aquatics Reef Keeper Light for $120

Both controllers have 4 controllable outlets the main difference being the Apex comes with network capabilities so you can monitor/program it from your PC or phone and it can send you email alerts.

I have a Medusa (Germany) dual stage controller that I would sell. They were very pricey originally (well over $250). I'd let mine go for $50.

Does the medusa come with working prob and it does have rexepticle for both heater and fans right

Yes....comes with a working probe...does need calibration though (done through the programming) and it does have two receptacles. Accurate to +/- 1 degree.

Back