Aquascape poll for 120 gallon

project1004

Supporting
Reaction score
Guys and girls,

I am thinking about re-aquascaping after a big crash back few month ago.
And I like to ask for some opinions on the aquascape.

Below are some pictures from my old 120 as well as new 120 before the crash and how it looks now.

Old tank had two island and the new one had like 7-8 stacked up small islands.

The tank is currently similar to the newer one but I was digging thru some old photos and think I also like the two island looks. If you were to choose!!! What style would you go with.

The tank will be SPS dominant tank slowwwwwwww.
Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Old 120. (two island)

1zm1j0j.jpg
alt="" />

2cscikg.jpg
alt="" />

Old 120. (bunch a island)

11ik5yt.jpg
alt="" />

auw48i.jpg
alt="" />

Now...........

119qe01.jpg
alt="" />

2dquk9f.jpg
alt="" />

i voted 1 island 1 wall, but 3 islands is just as fun.

I am personally going 1 island, 1 arch and 1 wall.

Russ-IV;1030832 wrote: i voted 1 island 1 wall, but 3 islands is just as fun.

I am personally going 1 island, 1 arch and 1 wall.

Thanks Russ. I like how we are all trying to help each other. hehe
You dont mean something like this right?!? My first 65 gallon when i started saltwater hobby.

23v16cn.jpg
alt="" />

project1004;1030841 wrote: Thanks Russ. I like how we are all trying to help each other. hehe
You dont mean something like this right?!? My first 65 gallon when i started saltwater hobby.

23v16cn.jpg
alt="" />

Not a wall on the back but a wall going up one side.
I did the rock wall on the back with my 220 and it was ok.... just wasnt too fun.

I've never aquascaped a tank that big.
Would caves/arches be necessary as hiding places/escape paths for fish under duress?

Russ-IV;1030842 wrote: Not a wall on the back but a wall going up one side.
I did the rock wall on the back with my 220 and it was ok.... just wasnt too fun.

I see!! I had hardest time getting flows thru all the caves and holes. I like minimalist style aquascape. Because I want my corals to grow and fill it up eventually.

I like the idea of a bunch of islands. But maybe a couple larger islands in the center.

project1004;1030847 wrote: I see!! I had hardest time getting flows thru all the caves and holes. I like minimalist style aquascape. Because I want my corals to grow and fill it up eventually.

I plan on going 60/40 : water/rock for my build so i know what you mean....

Another thing to consider is the rule of thirds used in photography. It may aid your thoughts.

LSU_fishFan;1030849 wrote: I like the idea of a bunch of islands. But maybe a couple larger islands in the center.

I hate how this 120 gallon have the overflows in the worst place. I wish I could have picked up corner overflow one but couldnt wait at the time. Next time I upgrade ghostover flow all the way unless something better comes along. I actually did try to make the middle ones little taller. LOL

Russ-IV;1030850 wrote: I plan on going 60/40 : water/rock for my build so i know what you mean....

Another thing to consider is the rule of thirds used in photography. It may aid your thoughts.

Wow, thats alots of rock in 265. I sow that thing on reefcentral about how to creat awesome aquascape and it just was too muh for my brain. Not a good photograper as you can tell from all my pictures. LOL:shades:

Here's a pic of my 250 aquascape. Kinda like 2 islands connected in the middle.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1030858=61357-image.jpg
>
1030858=61357-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

LSU_fishFan;1030858 wrote: Here's a pic of my 250 aquascape. Kinda like 2 islands connected in the middle.

I dig it. Looks nice. :thumbs: where is the overflows? cant tell.

Hi guys and girls,

Taking all your considerations, I've re aquascaped my 120.
Using just one hand and lots of water on the floor.

I like how it came out. Thanks for all those voted and shared your thoughts.

rlcgm0.jpg
alt="" />

255oqwg.jpg
alt="" />

2ngtslj.jpg
alt="" />

keep in mind that 1 year from now those corals should all be fist sized... make sure to leave room to grow!!!

B

project1004;1031315 wrote: Hi guys and girls,

Taking all your considerations, I've re aquascaped my 120.
Using just one hand and lots of water on the floor.

I like how it came out. Thanks for all those voted and shared your thoughts.

rlcgm0.jpg
alt="" />

255oqwg.jpg
alt="" />

2ngtslj.jpg
alt="" />

well done!
i would have off centered it...but the rest is great and still looks amazing

Back