Aquascaping Links / ideas needed

basscyn

Market
Reaction score
Got any cool aquascaping links?

I am setting up a new tank and I am looking for some unique aquascaping technics and idea's. I have seen threads where people have put eggcrate in the bottom to tie rocks too. I have also heard of people using PVC to support structure. Any links that detail these procedures would be most helpful.

What about that back wall? I may want to do something unique here as well. I have heard of foam? I saw a thread yesterday where some guy flipped his 72" tank on its back and siliconed rock to it and set it back up. Sounds kind of risky...but thats the kind of crazy stuff I am looking for.

Any cool pics of unique scaping would be great too.

Hey, If <u>YOURS</u> is the best ever...post it up!

Thanks all!

You could get some milk crate and build the "rock mounds" on top of those without using spray foam and zip ties. I had mine set up like this but recently removed the milk crates because my sand did not stick to the spray foam to good. But milk crates alone as long as there covered all the way up well give you some height.

rgardner;218127 wrote: You could get some milk crate and build the "rock mounds" on top of those without using spray foam and zip ties. I had mine set up like this but recently removed the milk crates because my sand did not stick to the spray foam to good. But milk crates alone as long as there covered all the way up well give you some height.

Milk crates? Have you got any pictures of that?
Never heard that one.
Interesting.
Thanks!

blfuller123;218159 wrote: I just had a synthetic back wall made. http://www.DeepWaterRock.com">www.DeepWaterRock.com</a> did it. Pictures are in my build thread.

[IMG]http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17513">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17513</a>[/QUOTE]

WOW!
Thats the first time I had seen your thread. Thats a great background.

I am afraid to ask what that cost. I will have 72" to work with as well. I have 2 big overflows to work around too. That rockwork probably costs as much as my whole tank!

Really nice though man. I will look into that one for sure.

Thanks!

P8280477.jpg
alt="" />

I took two plastic milk crates, cut one in half. The two half pcs are on the side and the full milk crate is in the middle. However, I've seen people stack the milk crates on the back of the wall like steps and place the rocks on top like a stairs. The key is hiding the milk crate so you dont see any plastic which is easy. I actually to great stuff sprayed it on the crates, epoxy, then spread sand all over. I dont rec. this because my sand just came right off thanks to my oversized cuc.

I used cement pavers as a base support. I drilled holes in them and inserted and cemented in acrylic rod. I then drilled holes in my LR and inserted them onto the rods like a puzzle. I was able to make really cool structures that you could NEVER do another way. I have some cool archways and ledges and the rocks can never fall over. They're also not burried in the sand!

If you use anything cemenet or concrete, as Skriz has done, be sure to cure them first.

jmaneyapanda;218264 wrote: If you use anything cemenet or concrete, as Skriz has done, be sure to cure them first.

Yeah, I was gonna ask about that. I like the idea of pavers. They are heavy enough make solid supports. But are we talking cement pavers like you get at HD? Just...brick pavers? Is there a particular material I need to look for...or avoid???

What exactly is the curing process?

This is a great idea!

I used the concret pavers from HD. You can get different paver types, but you don't know what's really in them. The concrete one's are cheap and work well.

To cure them, you just need to set them in water. You can do this outside and just change the water out frequently (tap water).

Back