Aquascaping

michaelf1478

Market
Reaction score
I have a 135gallon 72x24x24 (I think thats dimensions) a few hundred pounds of live rock, im tired of the rock wall look and I cant come up with anything that looks good. Any suggestions?

I used fiberglass rods from HomeDeopt, drilled my rock and pieced it together into two tower formations.

No pics of the process but here's the final result
6B645817-BBE8-4AB8-AA8D-C420A9E97486_zpsoemqhnxk.jpg
alt="" />

I always put down 3 large base rocks. 1 on each side and 1 in the middle. Either in fro t or towards the back depending on what look u want. Then stagger stack from there. Leave openings for fiah and growing coral. Use ur shelf peices on the top. Also nicr to turn the longer peices straight up for different heights. Good luck.

JimmyStephens;943085 wrote: I always put down 3 large base rocks. 1 on each side and 1 in the middle. Either in fro t or towards the back depending on what look u want. Then stagger stack from there. Leave openings for fiah and growing coral. Use ur shelf peices on the top. Also nicr to turn the longer peices straight up for different heights. Good luck.

Thats what im doing now looks ok but it all fell last night lol

michaelf1478;943087 wrote: Thats kinda what I was thinking just a little bigger. Nice setup

Thanks and it wasn't really that tough to do. I do wish I had added more rock but the open space is nice for the fish

Fiberglass driveway markers.

Get some cement from Marco Rocks and you can do just about anything.

Google "bonsai aquascape" for ideas.

michaelf1478;943061 wrote: I have a 135gallon 72x24x24 (I think thats dimensions) a few hundred pounds of live rock, im tired of the rock wall look and I cant come up with anything that looks good. Any suggestions?

IMO if you have a few hundred lbs of LR in a 135... thats probably your problem

SnowManSnow;943125 wrote: IMO if you have a few hundred lbs of LR in a 135... thats probably your problem

I have moved alot of it to the sump sump to free up some more space

leveldrummer;943244 wrote: the tank measurements you listed are a 180, so either you have a 180, or your measurements are wrong with you have a 135, either way, why dont you post a picture of what you have right now, and see if we can help make suggestions that way.

I know it 135 just couldn't remember the measurements I will post a pic tomorrow when the lightsiare on.

Back