Aquatic Life DX18 hybrid t5

cdelaney

Supporting
Reaction score
Considering using this with a couple led lights like 2 x xr30 gen4s over 48x24 frag tank. Anyone using the dx18 and have any feedback. I have never used t5 lighting and am currently researching best I can. Looking for some feedback or pictures using this light setup or similar.

You don’t need a dimmable T5 ballast, especially over a frag tank. If you read about them, you will find that the bulbs must be ‘conditioned’, or else they will have a shorter lifespan than usual. Also, the fixture can be a little shorter than the tank, still provide plenty of light and save a little $$. For a 48 inch tank, the 36 will work fine & be just 6 inches short on either end. This will help limit light spill as well. Combined with 2-3 Noopsyche’s & you’re going to have a killer Uber uniform light coverage fixture! $60 off today too! Here -

You don’t need a dimmable T5 ballast, especially over a frag tank. If you read about them, you will find that the bulbs must be ‘conditioned’, or else they will have a shorter lifespan than usual. Also, the fixture can be a little shorter than the tank, still provide plenty of light and save a little $$. For a 48 inch tank, the 36 will work fine & be just 6 inches short on either end. This will help limit light spill as well. Combined with 2-3 Noopsyche’s & you’re going to have a killer Uber uniform light coverage fixture! $60 off today too! Here -

wow thanks for the feedback. Answered a few other questions that I hadn't asked. I was thinking I might be fine with 36in. Was just looking at the k7s also.. they seem really nice for the price. so would you still program ramp up/ down with the leds and then just fire up the t5s along the way at some point?

Yes, you can also play around with ramping up then switching one bank of T5’s on. Then ramp, then the other bank too. I’d just try to simulate a sunrise & sender as accurately as possible. The way they eveolved.

Back