Aqueon proflex sump

I had the model 4, no noise coming from the returns due to the enclosed pipes and also reduces gurgling from them, refugium space is big in this model, I used as a deep sand configuration and as well as a refugium, the lid there helps to put the light of your option without getting splashed, fit nice the Coralife refugium light fixture. You can remove the bottom plate before the refugium and have it configurated as a Berlin method. The last stage was a nice space for my sro300 skimmer and the Rio pump.

The only flaw I would say about is that the acrylic is thin, not compared with a custom made sump wich always seems to have cast acrylic and look sturdy than this one.

There's one for sale now here, I would say go for it, I paid 300+ for mine, wich I let it go with my 150g

I have the opportunity to get one brand new for $75, either model 2 or 3 I think. I'm also not sure if my slimmer and return pump will fit in it

Any of those 2 models would do good for the 40b I would say, and is a nice price, I believe it has the feature to accommodate 2 felt socks in both, go for the bigger one you can get, the bigger the volume of water your system would be the better chances you'll have to notice something it's going wrong before strike happen. You might already knew that.

IMO it's worth 75 but I found them under-sized.

I like big sumps and I cannot lie....

Back