arcrylic tank buffing

sorry, I've seen those buffing "kits" on marine Depot-can't say if they are or aren't good, though

If you can't find anyone and decide to do it, let me know. I can try and get out there and give you a hand

well i dont have the room is the problem but i can swing it out to your place. i will supply beer and cash

I don't need any money, beer is great though, lol. I can dig up some info on it and we can give it a run.

What buffer do you have?

I got a 180 reef, building it up, so the frags would be great! Mines acrylic also so it will be good for exp, if I have to do mine later, we can prolly do it in my living room. Just throw down a tarp and have a wet vac on hand and we will be good.

sweet its a 8 footer so we will need a good bit of room,when your ready to do yours ill give you a hand. what days are you free?

Usually just weekend, unless it rains all day one day, sat. Prolly be best, that way I can find some instructions and get information so it goes as smooth as it can. What day is the feb meeting, if after this weekend you can just pick up the ph's while your hear to take to the meeting

well if i dont make the meeting im gonna swend them with eric.but saturdays are good for me also.as future said i tried it and it is a pain and i dont have the room needed either

I think the wife is planning on going to her moms with my daughter, we can move the coffee table and the couch and do it in the living room should have about 15 feet from my tank to the love seat and 15 from wall to my TV, I hope that's enough room, if not I can move other stuff, what all do we need?

Talk to Steve Shindell (sshindell). He had Everclear do it for him. From his expressions when I bring it up, it wasn't cheap to have it done.

You might want to consider buying one of their polishing kits that attaches to a drill and includes several pads. The kit costs around $100-150, IIRC, but it's cheaper than hiring it out, and would save a lot of wear and tear on your hands...

You can buy everything online from Everclear. What made mine expensive is I did it with the reef intact. Basically you set up a grid system, find your worst area, time how long it takes to take out the scratch with a relative coarse sandpaper on a hand sander, and then take that much time in each other square on your grid. Take the next grit and figure out how much time it takes to take out the scratchs you put in it. Repeat for all the other grids. Keep going to about 12000 grit.

If you just have a few slight scratches you can just do one area, but anything deep means that your surface with be smooth but wavy and distort the image.

Back