Arctic Pods and Tiger Pods

parmoffitt

Market
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with this product for feeding copepods eating fish? Has anyone used this product?

The arctic pods come in a bottle live which you can refrigerate with bottle open and the copepods go into hybernation. The tiger pods are not live. They come in a bottle and you can feed like oyster eggs? At least this is what I understand.

Has anyone fed their mandarin's with these copepods. I have always used Oceanpods.com for mine. They are shipped live in 4oz bottles.

Thanks,

Patty

Aquabuys used to carry them but wasn't happy with the survival rate I believe. They are really small pods as well. The best deal I know of right now is Reefpods that Tim carries. These are stored in a phyto culture I believe and are supposed to be a real nice meaty pod.

I have used both. They are good products just expensive. I used it for a pipefish (not mandarin). The pipefish is now eating prepared foods.

Thanks for the information. I will go on the website you suggested for the copepods.

I have a sister that bought a male and female mandarin from two different locations and she sent me a picture of them both blasting out of the water when she feeds the fish. Lucky her.

Mine won't touch any prepared foods.

Ya it's hit or miss, mine will literally swim to attack PE mysis when I drop it in there!Over the years i've been able to get most to eat prepared in a qt before I put them in the main but there are always a couple who never will!

Hatching brine shrimp and then gut loading with phyto or selcon will also work and is much cheaper!

Back