Are my corals bleaching?

bkostuch

Market
Reaction score
I have a couple acro frags that look like they are bleaching. Placement in the tank is at the bottom. Mag is 1400
Calc is 380 (yes I know this is low, heavy dosing trying to get it higher)
Alk is 9.1

What do you think?

753ac645b23a51593a61b6f562b50d28.jpg
alt="" />
c0d34ddd81d5cb83c83640e81d286d8f.jpg
alt="" />
b87cf0197445605bfd407919dad3e36e.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I don't run my lights higher than 55% for more than 2 hrs in mid day.

I don't think the first coral will survive :/ but, the other 2 look ok to me....how long have you had them

Yeah that first one went downhill fast. Had them about a week now. Not sure if my lighting is not to their liking or if its something else.

First one I think was base up. Rest aren't showing signs of bleaching, almost looks like maybe growth on a tip? But not sure what acro growth looks like up close :)

heya brent,

2nd one i dont think are growth tips. too aggressive a white tip for low cal, and 9 alk.

what kit did you use to test alk?
what is your po4/kit?
tank age?

i have had similar observations is why i am asking

Red Sea pro kit. The 2nd one I think already had that when I picked it up from Brett, and i remember now that he mentioned growth, it's been like that since I got it. No po4 kit, I take it lfs to check.

bkostuch;1041330 wrote: Red Sea pro kit. The 2nd one I think already had that when I picked it up from Brett, and i remember now that he mentioned growth, it's been like that since I got it. No po4 kit, I take it lfs to check.

def get a po4 kit. i tried a few, and could only get a reading on rs pro. this is just my experience.

Ugh, looks like my alk might have started tanking when I started dosing calcium and didn't compensate for the precipitation on alk. Well I guess now is the time to get my levels right and crank up the new doser.

Okay not sure what's up.
Mag 1380
Alk 9.8
Calc 395

Just did a 10% water change as well.

Calc is up at 410 now. I just noticed my stunner is spotting now as well. Ugh, zoas and the mushroom seem unphased.

I'd frag whats left of the first one and get the rest out of the tank.

2 could be growth, 3 hard to say but I'd guess it wasn't getting light on that side that's lighter.

First one was 100% rtn by the time I got back to it. Moved 2&3 to the top of the tank. Increased lighting during full sun hours and they are looking better. Stunner hasn't produced anymore spotting.

keep us posted. if 2's white tip hasnt increased in 24 hours, could very well be a growth tip rather than stn.

Coral 2 looks good still, white tips are still the same. I think I'm looking at growth on this one.

Back