Are radions worth the money?

kzoo

Market
Reaction score
I have been running black box reef breeders for some time now and have had good success. I have an opportunity to get some gen 3 radions for what i suppose is a good price (still way more that what i have ever spent on lights) but not sure if it is worth the money?

I think you going to get some mixed answers on this one.

In my opinion 100% absolutely. To me nothing compares to Radion lighting. This is our number one go-to lighting unit for our service accounts running reef systems.

But with that said... I can't tell you that you need them to have a successful reef tank. In my opinion if you know what you are doing and plan accordingly you can have a beautiful reef aquarium under just about any light unit.

Between the amazing control ability and features (Only AI comes close in my opinion). Light quality, spread and penetration. World class customer service.... These lights are worth every penny to me.

IMO radions are GREAT lights that WILL work IF.....
BIG IF
you don't have to tinker with stuff.
in other words.. the customization of the lighting programs is so great that a lot of reefers never leave them set long enough for the corals to adapt.
they are really cool though

My comment would be that as aXio said, you can grow great looking corals under a huge variety of lights. I went expensive lights on my small tank but couldn't swallow it on my big tank. I've had success and have seen other tanks that looked fantastic with just ocean revive black box lights for $150 a pop. No where near the control ability, but great bang for your buck.

Unfortunately, my budget (or the wife) would never allow for such amazing lights. However, I installed two of the starfire leds on my frag tank and couldn't be happier. I have seen these exact lights on eBay and Amazon for much cheaper ($130) than the $299 advertised price on reef radiances page (I paid $130 each on a reef radiance sale) I love these lights and they are controlled through wifi and have seven colors.

a>

Absolutely. Great lights from a great company with amazing support. I wouldn't hesitate, especially if you're getting a good deal.

I remember when I bought my first new car. Back then you had the option of power locks and windows and there was no way I was going to splurge on such bourgeois luxuries. A few years later I got a car with auto locks, etc. and yeah..there was no way I was EVER going to have a car with manual windows or locks again. Until you've experienced the high-end gear, you'll never know how awesome it is. And once you have it, it's hard to go backwards.

skriz;1102821 wrote: absolutely. Great lights from a great company with amazing support. I wouldn't hesitate, especially if you're getting a good deal.

I remember when i bought my first new car. Back then you had the option of power locks and windows and there was no way i was going to splurge on such bourgeois luxuries. A few years later i got a car with auto locks, etc. And yeah..there was no way i was ever going to have a car with manual windows or locks again. Until you've experienced the high-end gear, you'll never know how awesome it is. And once you have it, it's hard to go backwards.

^+1

skriz;1102821 wrote: absolutely. Great lights from a great company with amazing support. I wouldn't hesitate, especially if you're getting a good deal.

I remember when i bought my first new car. Back then you had the option of power locks and windows and there was no way i was going to splurge on such bourgeois luxuries. A few years later i got a car with auto locks, etc. And yeah..there was no way i was ever going to have a car with manual windows or locks again. Until you've experienced the high-end gear, you'll never know how awesome it is. And once you have it, it's hard to go backwards.

+2

Skriz;1102821 wrote: Absolutely. Great lights from a great company with amazing support. I wouldn't hesitate, especially if you're getting a good deal.

I remember when I bought my first new car. Back then you had the option of power locks and windows and there was no way I was going to splurge on such bourgeois luxuries. A few years later I got a car with auto locks, etc. and yeah..there was no way I was EVER going to have a car with manual windows or locks again. Until you've experienced the high-end gear, you'll never know how awesome it is. And once you have it, it's hard to go backwards.

Thanks man i trust your experience with these lights and have thought of getting them before, it's just a big pill to take on a 150 gallon. I know everyone is right and I'm sure I will love them, just want to make sure that there is a real difference and not just built up hype.

My issue with these lights is that most of the times you need 2 lights for larger tanks.

Love mine! Have had it for over four years. Yes on my 4' I run it with 2- 175 MH, cooling with fans with great success!

Well got the bourgeois luxuries with the power windows and locks.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1103018=69243-20161216_204819.jpg
>
1103018=69243-20161216_204819.jpg
class="gc-images" title="20161216_204819.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

IME, yes they are. I have grown all of my corals from 1-1.5" frags.
be7ee5029fff12b513baa18450d821eb.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atlorange;1103210 wrote: IME, yes they are. I have grown all of my corals from 1-1.5" frags.
be7ee5029fff12b513baa18450d821eb.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow , what schedule are you running?

Back