Are there any local glass tank makers?

It's not local but if you want to drive up to Nashville, TN ( yea I know its a jog but maybe worth it dependent on what your looking for. Glass cages does an amazing job on their custom tanks and options.

SEA has tanks made through MRC and its not cheap. I was referred to them through Thomas a while back and the quote they gave me for the tank dimensions of 36x20x15 was roughly $1200.

Why not buy the panels to your specs and silicone it yourself?

MarquiseO;980578 wrote: SEA has tanks made through MRC and its not cheap. I was referred to them through Thomas a while back and the quote they gave me for the tank dimensions of 36x20x15 was roughly $1200.

Why not buy the panels to your specs and silicone it yourself?

Can we not approach MRC directly? They only build through stores and distributors?

atlorange;980569 wrote: Any of our sponsors, or others, build glass tanks?

Pure reef gave me a nice quote through their builder on my dream starfire tank that I had to put on hold due to a structural engineer saying no way Jose. :/ try Jorge

tonymission;980581 wrote: Can we not approach MRC directly? They only build through stores and distributors?
I'm not sure. We possibly can but MRC tanks have always been known to be a little higher than others. I originally thought SEA made the tanks but the email stated that all the tanks were made by MRC.

+1 from Jorge at Pure Reef. IMO the MRC tanks are very nice but I'd rather spend the money elsewhere.

Thanks. I am leaning toward CADLights out of California, but wanted to check on local alternatives. I may ask Jorge about a quote.

Nobody makes a better tank than Felix at Reef Savvy if your budget is flexible and aren't buying local

tonymission;980836 wrote: Nobody makes a better tank than Felix at Reef Savvy if your budget is flexible and aren't buying local

Yeah, I have submitted multiple quote requests to them. They are probably not too worried about doing my 3 ft tank...even though they would still charge near $3k for it.

atlorange;980838 wrote: Yeah, I have submitted multiple quote requests to them. They are probably not too worried about doing my 3 ft tank...even though they would still charge near $3k for it.

They quoted me that for a 6 footer., i did have to call them:

when i got my quote from an MRC tank thru Sea, i was told that they used the same glass manufacture that high end vehicle manufacturers use..its evident in the quote..nice tanks but very pricey..been contemplating on trying glass cages or build one myself..

Bcavalli;980574 wrote: It's not local but if you want to drive up to Nashville, TN ( yea I know its a jog but maybe worth it dependent on what your looking for. Glass cages does an amazing job on their custom tanks and options.

I've never heard the words amazing and glass cages in the same sentence before!

indecloudzua;980856 wrote: when i got my quote from an MRC tank thru Sea, i was told that they used the same glass manufacture that high end vehicle manufacturers use..its evident in the quote..nice tanks but very pricey..been contemplating on trying glass cages or build one myself..

I'd avoid gc tanks. Check around and get a few quotes on a quality tank and never look back.

Skriz;980896 wrote: I've never heard the words amazing and glass cages in the same sentence before!

I'd avoid gc tanks. Check around and get a few quotes on a quality tank and never look back.

Yeah, I have read so not some positive reviews about glass cages. I am really looking for something professional. As near to perfect black seems as possible is very important to me. Therefore, doing it myself is simply not an option.

Looking at Coast to Coast, Miracles, Reef Savvy, and MRC...so far...

If money isn't your concern, you can't beat those slick looking reef savvy tanks comparing to the others you've mentioned.

Sn4k33y3z;980914 wrote: If money isn't your concern, you can't beat those slick looking reef savvy tanks comparing to the others you've mentioned.

Agreed. Unfortunately, money is a concern, so I probably won't be able to justify the extra $$, but they are beautiful.

Next topic....stands. I think I had read before that there are some good stand builders around here. Want something contemporary...straight lines, espresso, something I could trust a pricey custom build to?

My 100 gallon 3 sides starfire cube is a glasscages tank, and it is going strong after 4-5 years so far. The tanks are not bad, the owner of the company is a tool. I would expect to have a bit of silicone to clean up after you get it.

MarquiseO;980583 wrote: I'm not sure. We possibly can but MRC tanks have always been known to be a little higher than others. I originally thought SEA made the tanks but the email stated that all the tanks were made by MRC.

i bought a tank strait from them.. unless they have changed something

Back