Market
Reaction score
Are these copods?

Are these good to have?

I have thousands in main tank and refugium

55 gallon tank with 20 gal refugium
Running for 12 weeks
Live sand
crabs and snails for now, live rock and fish coming soon.

Thanks for the help!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
118352=7291-IMG_6332c.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
118352=7291-IMG_6332c.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_6332c.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

no your infested with a parisite you have to break down and start over lol jk yeah they are ...thats always a good thing

They look like pods (99% sure), but if they are stuck to the glass some of those could be baby snails.

Good one. Thanks. Here is a closer picture.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
118364=7292-Copods.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
118364=7292-Copods.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Copods.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

How do you get pods to start with? I keep looking and I can't find any. I don't see any in the refugium or the tank. ?????
Sheryle

I have a 40 gal tank with chaeto in the sump/refugium, but I just got it set up about a month ago. I have live rock in it that was in the 29gal that this one replaced. This is my first sump or refugium
Sheryle:fish:

My pods must have come in with the live sand, possibly on some crabs. That is all I have in the tank right now. It took 6 weeks for them to become noticeable.

fishgardener;118942 wrote: How do you get pods to start with? I keep looking and I can't find any. I don't see any in the refugium or the tank. ?????
Sheryle

The best way to prove to yourself that you ahve pods is to remove all the predators- namely fish. Im guessing you have them, but just dont see them.

I'll let you know how fish effect the pods, I will getting fish in a few weeks. Right now all I have are a few crabs and snails. Right now there are thousands of tiny pods on the glass in the refugium and main tank. I don't know how long it takes for them to grow larger.

He won't eat the all, but you probably won't see them during the day and even at night it might be difficult.

Back