ASM help

zanski

Market
Reaction score
Well FINALLY I got my 75 back up and running. (Yes pics are coming) But, now I need some help! I have a ASM G-3 with sedra 5000 pump. The skimmer needs to be elevated about an inch in my sump. Anyone have any ideas on how to elevate? The sump is running so I cant silicon anything under it. Also any one with experience want to come by and help me hook her up?! Also another HUGE problem I didnt see, with this pump how fast is the water going to come out of the skimmer? Reason im asking is I have a standard 20 long sump and when I raise the skimmer up an inch the tube coming up where the water flows out back to the sump will be ATLEAST 2 inches above the rim of the sump. I have the foam sponge I can put on it but do I need to use some PVC to chanel a couple elbows to make sure the water flows back into the sump instead of in the stand and carpet lol.

HELP!!!:yes: :yes: :yes:

Dont need putty ,the weight of the skimmer will keep the eggcrate down. To get one inch you will need two layers of eggcrate.

Put a gate valve mod on your skimmer instead of the standpipe.Heres what you will need.... 1 1/4" Gate valve , 1 1/4" T , 1 1/4" Elbow ,and about 2' of 1 1/4" PVC. I used Schedule 80 on mine but you could use the Schedule 40 also.<u>

</u>

Well I work until 8 tonight so today probably wont work. But, thanks for the offer. Im off Wednesdays and I was going to try and hook it up then. But I have no idea how to hook it up. (atleast with out getting soaked!) ha!

46bfinga;124489 wrote: Dont need putty ,the weight of the skimmer will keep the eggcrate down. To get one inch you will need two layers of eggcrate.

Put a gate valve mod on your skimmer instead of the standpipe.Heres what you will need....http://www.asmskimmer.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=74"> Gate Valve Mod Kit</a>[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Zanski;124493 wrote: Thanks!

That Link did not work so I edited it and posted what you will need. I can take a pic of how my Gate Valve plumbing is connected if you need it. You can find plenty of pics online though using google.

It's a pretty straight forward item to setup. The gate valve mod will make it much easier to adjust the skimmer and is well worth the added expense. Will be glad to help you get it up and running.

well if you could shoot a pic that would be great! And ill look at the link again. Mike let me know what your scheduel is like help would be great. Im going to atempt it tonight or Wednesday if I need extra hands ill let you know. Thanks again everyone!!

Zanski, here's a pic of my gate valve mod. I routed the water back to the beginning of the sump to minimize the micro bubbles.

HTH

sump2-c.jpg
alt="" />

Thanks. B/c the sump came with the system, I tried to piece it together the best I could. I just wish I had more volume.

I use a gardening knee pad from HD or Lowes. It is made from foam, about 10 X 14 inches and about an inch thick. It also is a good sound isolator.

Back