ATI BubbleMasters

cameron

Market
Reaction score
The new kick butt skimmer to own apparently. I got some prices from reefgeek.com and thought I would pass them along:

ATI Bubble Master 150 Protein Skimmer ~ $399 (Up to 100 Gallons) - Dimensions: 7.5" x 6.4" x 20.5"
ATI Bubble Master 200 Protein Skimmer ~ $529 (Up to 250 Gallons) - Dimensions: 12.7" x 8.6" x 19.1"
ATI Bubble Master 250 Protein Skimmer ~ $749 (500+ Gallons) - Dimensions: 14.2" x 9.5" x 20.8"

I was told if you want one you better get on the list now. After he inspects this latest batch he believes they will go fast. If reef central is any indication they will probably go very very fast. Supposedly these things are as good as a BK. Here is a pic of the 150... looks like a very slick design.

BM150.jpg
alt="" />
I will probably pick one up if the ASM G3 I have coming in doesn't fit well under my cabinet which looks like it might be the case.

Im waiting on the BM300 recirc model :) They have been getting pretty good reviews.I think it will be best to wait until they get all the engineering kinks out though.I almost bought a BM250 in the first shipment,im glad now that i waited since each shipment seems to be a little different then the next.The BM 150 is the only skimmer with the pump in the body of the skimmer like that.Both the 200 and 250 pumps are external.

The BM 150 is the only skimmer with the pump in the body of the skimmer like that.
Is it wrong to be turned on by that?

I think this is the second generation BM150 and I don't think he has any in yet.

Cameron said:
Is it wrong to be turned on by that?

Im not sure what you are implying with that statement but you may need to get some sleep :)

hmm.... how do you clean the pump?
Seems like a nice compact design but I'm not impressed... especially not for $400 (for the SMALL one!)

How will this skimmer generate bubbles better? I am unfamiliar with the brand/design?

These use the same pumps that the new Tunze skimmers use (Sicce), which are very efficient. They also use what's being referred to as a "meshwheel" impeller that allows a pump to pull in an incredible amounts of air. There are a number of thread on the "other boards" that go into more detail on these skimmers as well as the meshwheel design. The meshwheel is being DIY'd into many of the current pinwheel and needlewheel pumps and has shown dramatic improvements in the amount of air that the pump is able to pull. Long term, it will be interesting to see how durable the meshwheel is going to be.

tsciarini wrote: hmm.... how do you clean the pump?
Seems like a nice compact design but I'm not impressed... especially not for $400 (for the SMALL one!)

The bottom plate comes off so you can clean the pump.The amount of air these produce are very Impressive compared to everything else that is out there.Heres a link to a long thread about them if anyone is interested.

showthread.php

mufret wrote: Long term, it will be interesting to see how durable the meshwheel is going to be.

I agree Mike. It seems like there is always some sort of trade off. That's kinda how I feel about the LED lights, also. I think I'd let some else be the guinea pig on this one.

jmaneyapanda wrote: I agree Mike. It seems like there is always some sort of trade off. That's kinda how I feel about the LED lights, also. I think I'd let some else be the guinea pig on this one.

Well the best part about the meshwheel its very inexpensive to replace.Intead of buying Impellars all you have to buy is some mesh and some tyraps. I do agree on waiting it out and seeing how they develop in the next year or so,If and when the BM300 comes out i may bite the bullet and buy one.

Back