ATI Dimmable T5 fixture

mattgee87

Market
Reaction score
I just picked up an ATI Dimmable T5 fixture and wanted to see if any of you have ran one? If so have any of you had any issues? I paid $500 with 3 month old bulbs so I believe I got a good deal.

mattgee87;1010754 wrote: I just picked up an ATI Dimmable T5 fixture and wanted to see if any of you have ran one? If so have any of you had any issues? I paid $500 with 3 month old bulbs so I believe I got a good deal.

I have that same one and tried to also buy the one that you did. Apparently I was too late! :boo:

I really like it but think programming the dimming is a major PITA... I just have them 100% and use the Apex to turn it on and off. Can't beat the reflectors. I have to hang this way above my 80g frag tank as it's definitely a par monster. I'm hitting 400 PAR about 26"+ above the corals.

mattgee87;1010762 wrote: Glad I was able to snag it up before you lol!

I bought a bunch of GE 6500K bulbs if you wanted to grab one for the mix. Haven't found them locally.

I'll have to see what these look like, its 20k he said which is what i like but we will see. He won't be shipping till this weekend so i wont get it to probably friday

mattgee87;1010800 wrote: I'll have to see what these look like, its 20k he said which is what i like but we will see. He won't be shipping till this weekend so i wont get it to probably friday

What's 20k? It's whatever your bulbs are. You have 8 of them to combo up... :)

tonymission;1010802 wrote: What's 20k? It's whatever your bulbs are. You have 8 of them to combo up... :)

Yes I know , he is saying the bulb combo he is shipping is close to 20k

Reef 2 Reef
a>

mattgee87;1010856 wrote: Reef 2 Reef
http://www.reef2reeforums/selling-forum-dry-goods/189708-48-ati-t5-dimmable-8-blub.html">http://www.reef2reeforums/selling-forum-dry-goods/189708-48-ati-t5-dimmable-8-blub.html</a>[/QUOTE]

Cool thank you. Was thinking you got that from an online store instead of an individual

mattgee87;1010754 wrote: I just picked up an ATI Dimmable T5 fixture and wanted to see if any of you have ran one? If so have any of you had any issues? I paid $500 with 3 month old bulbs so I believe I got a good deal.

The only issue with the dimmable fixture is that is will wear out the bulb faster from the constant ramping. Other than that, it is a great fixture.

Well ramping is one of the things I miss from my old LED's so I'm OK with spending more on bulbs to get that feature. He won't be shipping the fixture until this weekend so i'm in that super excited state. I'll be selling my MH/T5 combo soon!

I know you probably don't even have this yet or it's came in today, but I'll buy it from you for $550. LMK :)

:wall:

Back