atlanta aquarium

victor626nj

Market
Reaction score
hey every one i want to get some input on the atlanta aquarium its going to be me and my wifes first year anniversary and we wanted to know if it was worth it to go there and just before any one asks it was her choice not mine .got to love her . but seriously we would like to know what everyone thinks about it .thanks in advance:fish:

Try to take the "behind the scenes" tour! It's free for members now. Make sure you get a reservation.

Oh, wow, I didn't know the behind-the-scenes tour was free for members. I actually went there today. (I <u>loved</u> the sea dragon tank- except for the fake kelp.)

We are talking about the Georgia Aquarium, right? If so how are you getting a free behind the scenes tour? Its still charging me $25.

Behind the scene tours are $25 for Annual Pass Holders and $50 for those that are not. It is not free to members that I am aware of.

Or, if you go on the weekend, schedule your entrance time for opening time. The aquarium is wonderful in the early morning, because there are very few people and you can enjoy the aquarium sans crowds. It begins getting busy around 10am. BTW, I think it's wonderful, but I'm a volunteer so I'm biased!!! :)

I was told by one of the aquarium people at SWU on Tuesdays you can play baseball in the main entrance it is so quite and so few people. I don't suspect that will last when summer comes around and the kids are out of school, but should hold true for a few more weeks.

I have had excellent results on Friday afternoons after 5pm. It's cutting it close to closing time, but it's still 2 hours until 7pm and almost nobody in ATL goes to the aquarium at that time on a Friday. They're all home for dinner or heading out.

On one occasion last December, there couldn't have been more than a 100 people in the whole place, but that was at 6pm during extended holiday hours (they were open until 8pm).

Enjoy yourself at the aquarium. Take your time and relax. If you aren't rushed, the crowds will not bother you. I was there easter weekend when it was crazy busy... I was with my parents and we just took our time and it was great

Back