ATO Needed ASAP

kirru

Market
Reaction score
I am leaving July 5th for a week to N. GA and I need an ATO system ASAP. Any good recommendations? I can't spend a lot or I would buy the Tunze one but can't any one that can help me get one going strong and won't leak, or be very slim to leaking would be great!

Thanks

ebay or melevsreef
Probably a member with one lying around that can fix ya up on a Sunday afternoon for a frag

Well, I will have someone to feed but they would have to come by EVERYDAY cause I lose water fast cause it is a small return but i could get by with coming every other day.

Either way I should of gotten my ATO a while ago but I am still clueless as to how to set one up.

I had my dad do it while I was at the beach for a week but since the whole family is going I have to find someone else. ugh

Well I think it would be smart to wait till after I come back but doesn't mean I can't order my stuff... so what ATOs would everyone recommend as in links too please

a>

I like the LevelLoc a lot. Can buy it from bulkreefsupply.com Taxes up more space in your sump though.

I just purchased a JBJ ATO on Friday. I seems to be working well and is very easy to setup. My only advice is to make sure that your topoff water supply will not exceed your total system water capacity. The float system seems to work well, however, the fear is that their might be a system failure and increased chances of overflow.

Also make sure that your top off source is covered and much as possible. Evaporation is going to be an issue if you don't.

Last but not least, Mode A on the ATO seems to be the most realiable why to set the system up. The other 2 methods appear to be 2 more ways that they thought up as to how to use the system to make it appear more versatile.

Its so easy even a caveman can do it...:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Seriously it only takes about 15 minutes to hook up an ATO. there worth every penny. You can use any type of holding tank for you top off water...

I forget, do you have a sump? You could always set up a mechanical float ATO. It would cost around $20 and all you have to do is make sure the resivoir is above the float valve. When the valve lowers, a little water is let in until the valve rises and the water line is stopped.

Back