ATO recomendations

michael grady

Market
Reaction score
Hi guys..

225 mostly sps tank., and a separate clown fish breeding system. Main system runs on an Apex.

I'm not at all happy with my Tunz. ATO. The motors seem to burn out, or the power systems seem to fail. I've gone through 3 of these in the past 18 months.

I'm looking for a recommendation for a better ATO system...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Michael

Can't you just run a float switch and an Aqualifter pump through your Apex? I have been doing this with my reefkeeper and I have been very happy with this setup.

I use a JBJ and Aqualifter. I have a breakout box for my apex and float switches but just haven't done anything with it since I set up my tank

I would like to know more details about the setup in the tunze ato, people swear they're the most reliable brand for now, among others that just coming out recently like coralvue brand, with no moving parts. How far the pump has to send the water? And how long does it takes to replenish the evaporated water? Is the controller exposed to humidity? Thanks!

I would like to know more details about the setup in the tunze ato, people swear they're the most reliable brand for now, among others that just coming out recently like coralvue brand, with no moving parts. How far the pump has to send the water? And how long does it takes to replenish the evaporated water? Is the controller exposed to humidity? Thanks!

<div class="gc_ifarem_title">Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 - Bulk Reef Supply - YouTube</div>

<div class="gc_ifarem_title">Tunze Osmolator Auto Top Off - YouTube</div>

I like the Tunze, and have ran both the nano and the 7155, mostly with success. The Coral Vue ATO will probably be my next ATO purchase tho, it seems really well thought out. I think Salty Supply is running a special or 10x reward points on ATOs right now if you decide to purchase one.

I actually have a brand new one, thanks to Grant!!! I was asking the op about how he had them setup and trying to see if there was a possible cause for the setup to be failing on him :D

Yeah, the pumps don't do so well with anything over 2 ft of head. The sensors and switches should be cleaned periodically, and I found that unplugging them frequently (like when cleaning) seems to help reduce them getting screwy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back