ATO Reservoir

sucio_reefer

Market
Reaction score
Looking for some ideas for an ATO reservoir. It's going to be for a 20g Fusion and it would be semi in the open, as it will be next to the stand in my room. So I want to try and kept it as clean and presentable but at the same time not break the bank. What does everyone use for a reservoir?

I use a clear Rubbermaid tote. I drilled out a spot for the hose and I'm done.

Pops

I just got a custom built acrylic tank from melvs reef for an ATO reservoir

Check out my old build thread for my Nuvo 24. I had Dan with DDAcrylics out of Anaheim California build me the Acrylic ATO & Dosing Container as well as the Float Switch Bracket. It was pretty nice.
showthread.php

LSU_fishFan;1024623 wrote: I just got a custom built acrylic tank from melvs reef for an ATO reservoir

I've thought about these but saw the price once and was a little turned off by it lol. It was a while ago too so they may have come down..... For the clear totes, are you talking about the storage totes?

sucio_reefer;1024636 wrote: I've thought about these but saw the price once and was a little turned off by it lol. It was a while ago too so they may have come down..... For the clear totes, are you talking about the storage totes?

a>

I use one of these, which can be purchased at Walmart for $15. Has a handle so makes it a bit easier to carry it to the RO system for refill. At 7-gals it's not too heavy, and I get about 4 or 5 days out of it. The small opening (vacuum) has a hole that is perfect for fitting a piece of rigid airline tubing into to ensure you get every last drop. :up: I use regular airline tubing connected to the rigid tube that runs to the aqualifter pump, and then into the sump.

k2-_01e5ae2f-8470-42f3-947d-7b08a5dee1f7.v1.jpg
alt="" />

I bought a water jug from a local LFS. Just like what JB uses but clear. Drilled a hole in the cap just big enough for an air line tube. Once the tube passes thru the cap I convert to a piece if hard plastic tubing bought from the same LFS for less than a dollar.

I started by getting the Instant Ocean that comes with a 2-1/2 gallon jug but that ran dry too soon so I went bigger.

By any chance is your closet behind the wall the tanks on? I went through the wall and put it in the closet. Totally out of site!
If that don't work and you don't want to have an ugly plastic jug sitting out in your bedroom floor, build somthing to house it. It could be as simple as a 3/4 sided box...
I found the perfect stand/shelving I needed for my jug,nbattery BU and misc items I didn't want under the stand near water for my tank in the kitchen at Goodwill for $29. It's heavey, solid Cherry and fits perfect. It did take me a year to find it but hey $29 for quality hard to beat!

25 gallon plastic fermentor and hid it under a end table next to the tank. It's been there for a couple of months and the better half hasn't see it yet. Now I can go almost 3 weeks before topping off.
;-)

I just picked up a 20 gallon tank from petco yesterday ($1 per gallon sale) to use as my ato container. It looks good

thinking out side the box since it has to be display quality.
1 * set up a 5,10 or a 20gal freshwater tank next to yours main display decorated and everything, less livestock and you'll have two tanks on display but the freshwater would be you ato storage.
2 * look around the house and see what the wife has a display decor and if it can hold water and big enough for your needs, grab it ( while she is not home ) and do a diy modification to it to double at your reservoir or you can go to like Michelle's or some place like that and buy her a giant vase and use it.

my tank is sitting next to my tv so im building a tv stand that will house my ato reservoir, apex, dosing containers and dosing pumps. but seeing as you need something presentable id get some black acrylic and build a small diy one.

I use a dog food container. I think it was $10 and it holds 8 gallons

Saw something cool awhile back, 10 gallon tank with baffles so it had 4 chambers and a lid.

ATO reservoir at about 5 and a half gallons
ALK 1 gallon
Calciam 1 gallon
Mag1 gallon

Sewer Urchin;1024704 wrote: Saw something cool awhile back, 10 gallon tank with baffles so it had 4 chambers and a lid.

ATO reservoir at about 5 and a half gallons
ALK 1 gallon
Calciam 1 gallon
Mag1 gallon

what about the other 1.5 gallons?

For my small tank I use an old IO reef salt bucket with a small hole drilled in it and a JG bulkhead. I keep the bucket inside a wicker basket I got at Pier One so it's invisible. Whole setup was about 20 bucks not counting the ATO system itself.

Back