ATO topoff users

atlfishes

Market
Reaction score
What pump are people using for an external setup? Are those aqua lifters any good? Thanks

md_viewItem.asp

I have heard good things, just haven't gotten around to ordering one to try

If you have the space, you can use gravity feed and elimate the pump completely. Check out the thread by mojo. See the section on solenoids and float valves. I built one and it works flawlessly.

showpost.php

I don't have the room. I'll be pumping out of 6 gallon camping jug, you get at Walmart.

You will still need a float switch with that pump dosing at 3 1/2 gallons per hour. I'm not sure how good it will work or if it will work at all with restricted flow. I use a 90gph pump on a float switch which is on a timer. I got tired of hearing it click on and off every 5 minutes. I have the timer set to 2 hour intervals. I purchased my float switch from autotopoff.com
a>.

I agree. The clicking is annoying. I've got my ATO on a timer that has power for 5 minutes twice a day when I'm not home.

I thought this would be a good way to prevent an overflowed sump by a snail accidently closing the float switch.

The A.T.O. unit I utilizes dual float switches also. I love the added protection against my sump overflowing.

just put a medicine bottle over the float switch with holes drilled in it, that way no snails on the switch.

i dont know if im even answering the question, but i just use a maxijet powerhead with my ato. go to jbj's website to learn to remove the buzzer its the first thing i did).

That was what I was hoping to be able to do, but the maxijet has to be submerged to work. I need to pull water out of the jug without the pump being submerged. If the pump would fit in the jug then that is what I'd do.

I was in the same boat, but i just switch my top off contanier to a rubbermaid trash bin. it takes the same amount of space, isnt as brittle as what i was using, and has a removeable top. if your not married to your top off container, spend the 10 bucks to get one.

i understand the principle of an external priming pump, but i wouldnt sleep well at night relying on it to suck up to prime.

Back