ATO

Brutis

Reaction score
Looking to get a ATO for the display tank and need some suggestions. Thinking of going with the apex ATK but if anyone else has some recommendations shoot them my way.

I'm running the Apex ATK on 2 tanks now, and I highly recommend them, but I can also recommend the Smart Micro ATO which is very reliable, costs a lot less and takes up no space in the sump.

Tunze has been good for me. I have both a nano, and a regular one. But definitely get something, it will save you so much time and energy.

I've had a Tunze for nearly 10 years and it served me well. After it started acting up, I picked up an Avast that's controlled through my apex and love it as well. The Avast is able to pull water from my RODI storage tank in my basement and pump it upstairs to my sump. That's about a 20' total travel distance with 13' of vertical lift.

I have a Tunze now and one ran by my breakout box. Both work fine. I use to have a JBJ ATO unit before it took a tip in my sump.

I agree with Bcavalli. I have uses the JBJs and love them. I have one on my 75 gallon and a few on my work tanks and i never have to worry about them failing.

Back