attaching a mont cap

roundman

Market
Reaction score
I have a nice monti that has really started to take off. He was glued to a rock but had broken off and I just laid him on the rocks. I have the perfect place for him but to much work to remove the rock to glue him to it. Is there a way to glue him under the water?

Why not try the two part epoxy? They sell it at most reef stores. I got a frag of m.cap from a fellow reefer and I used one of those frag mags (magnets) and mounted it vertical. I have it on my overflow.....it is looking awesome...plates coming from out from all over it.

you can use superglue under water. When you squeeze the glue out, it will form a skin over it. you will have to "rub" the cap into the glue and hold it for a fe seconds for it to set. works for me!

Make sure you use gel super glue, I accidently used regular liquid super glue and it turned into a mess. I used a fish net to capture the floating glue and then had to chunk the net.

One caution on the epoxy. It's an exothermic reaction, so it, and this is a big maybe, might kill some of the tissue near where you apply it. If your M. cap has no flesh on the bottom, than you'll be fine.

Back