Attack of the Coral Beauty!

cwugigi

Market
Reaction score
I recently purchased the gsp from Mark as he was breaking down his setup, and my coral beauty has loved having the star polyps in my tank! He has started to graze on them, and I noticed the back was no longer, flowing green polyps, but short brown polyps. I have recently seen the Coral beauty nipping at them. Has anyone else had an experience with the CB foraging on these? I also had a kole tang wipe out a big of xenia I had. Any experience with these 2 fish? Thanks for the input!

My old coral beauty ate any SPS I had, and hipped at my LPS when they had their feeding tentacles extended

my kole tang does not touch anything....He has got plenty to graze on in the tank.

Mine didn't touch any coral for over a year then started nipping at all the corals. He decided to move from my address.

haha, yeah I think mine will need a forwarding address soon. I'm pretty sure he's the culprit. The Kole can stay until I see that he's being more destructive. I have cut my losses with the xenia. Thanks for the notes!

.........and a fish eating xenia or green star polyps is a bad thing?

Acroholic;297801 wrote: .........and a fish eating xenia or green star polyps is a bad thing?

+1 I was thinking the same thing! GSP should be called TGP (The Green Plague) :)

I want to cover the back of my glass with it. I have only heard of it, never seen a tank with it. But the idea sounds great! Anybody seen this firsthand? Impressive? Not much so? thx akopley. taken on a shark dive off the coast of tahiti. cool trip Unless you're talking about dannybradley's dog (which is pretty sweet!)

I've caught my coral beauty nipping at my birds nest a couple of times but on inspection I don't see any damage yet but if my powder blue I've had for years doesn't settle down and stop knocking everything around in my tank he may have a forwarding address.

Back