Auto dosers?

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
I would like to get a pump to move water from my RODI fresh water holding tank to my ATO tank. I already have the Tunze Osmolator 3155 to .move the water from the ATO tank to the DT.
I'm seriously on a budget, I have the Apex el so I forst looked at the DOS but the price kinda knocked my socks off.
Any thoughts on the others?
Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200216-073607_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200216-073607_Chrome.jpg
    681.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20200216-073301_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200216-073301_Chrome.jpg
    711.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20200216-073723_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200216-073723_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    764.8 KB · Views: 8
Are you looking for it to be automated or you just need a pump to move water? Absent optical sensors or float valves, it would be difficult to match consumption in the RO reservoir leading to either a dry reservoir or a overflow8ng reservoir.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Are you looking for it to be automated or you just need a pump to move water? Absent optical sensors or float valves, it would be difficult to match consumption in the RO reservoir leading to either a dry reservoir or a overflow8ng reservoir.

Ideally I would like automation. I have a 44g sump under a 125 DT and a 35 gallon RODI holding tank.I can get sensors and float valves, no?

I just put a float valve in both of my ATO top off containers and ran a line directly from my RODI unit.
I have to go through a wall, how do you get the water to flow, gravity? Not sure I will be able to use gravity.

Yes, you can get those. May need a break out box to go with the float switch. If you are using your apex, the BRS or the DOS are better options. Jebao only allows for set dosing.

I finally figured that simple little device out! Lol..

It makes it really easy. You just run a live RODL (like Steve mentioned one his post) line to that valve and because it’s a float valve as the level drops in your ATO container it automatically fills up and shuts off when the float valve rises. I’ve been using this system for almost 5 years without any issues but you have to inspect it from time to time to make sure that everything is good. Plus I have also learned to run some carbon through a small circulation filter/pump to keep the water from fouling. Feel free to reach out and I can walk you through what you need to know on this type of set up.

It makes it really easy. You just run a live RODL (like Steve mentioned one his post) line to that valve and because it’s a float valve as the level drops in your ATO container it automatically fills up and shuts off when the float valve rises. I’ve been using this system for almost 5 years without any issues but you have to inspect it from time to time to make sure that everything is good. Plus I have also learned to run some carbon through a small circulation filter/pump to keep the water from fouling. Feel free to reach out and I can walk you through what you need to know on this type of set up.
I've heard there could be issues with the constant start/stop on the RODI. Basically that it can produce poor water initially for the top off but, frankly, if Dave is doing this, it must be fine. His tanks are gorgeous. Do make sure the float switch is cleaned and inspected regularly. I'd also go for the fixed float as opposed to the adjustable. One less failure point.

If adding rodi strait to the ato I would a add a redundant valve for a just incase moment

Back